What's new

Edinburgh by Night

cigrainger

TPF Noob!
Joined
Feb 2, 2007
Messages
480
Reaction score
1
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Went out for a few hours tonight. Only got a few that I like, but I'm pretty happy with them.

edinburghbynight1-1.jpg


edinburghbynight2.jpg


edinburghbynight3.jpg


Thanks for looking!
 
TBaraki, thanks for pointing those out, I had all overlooked them at my first glance of these photos (I was more trying to find out where you were, Chris, which was on Princes Street for the first two, looking towards Balmoral Hotel and Calton Hill) - but now that I have seen them, I like them very much, too.

All in all you have every reason to be happy with these!
It was black night already by the time you were out there?
Sometimes it is nice to still have a hint of light (i.e. detail) in the sky.
Balmoral Hotel is a tad dark in the second, but I like the ghostly shape of the people walking past, which would have become a total blur, had you exposed for longer, so it is a toss up between getting recognisable people-ghosts or more detail in the distance...
 
Thank you both. I hadn't even noticed the turn signals. :D Sometimes you just get lucky, but I guess that's what I was after standing right in the middle of a traffic stop (on a curb! even though that bus almost hit me).

I did do the people-ghosts on purpose though, and you're right, it was a tossup -- I took several differently timed exposures from that spot and decided I liked that one best.

I agree about catching a bit of light in the sky, but this was a compulsive idea after it had alright gotten dark. :D

You're right on the placement Corinna, and the third one is on North Bridge looking towards the old Scottish Parliament and the Castle.

Thanks again for looking,
Chris
 
These are great.
I really like those moving people in the second shot.

Dani.
 
Thanks. :)
 
excellent photos, i love the building in #3
 
#2 is my favorite. Like others have said, #2 is my favorite..
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom