Edit my car show photo

I like that Impala shot. That's my kind of style...I have yet to shoot a car show at night though. I don't live in a city so that's really hard to come by here! But that would be really fun.

Thanks for sharing your photos, they are great. I guess I'm on the right track, I just gotta keep working at it and I'll get better (hopefully).

I'm just going to process my photos my own way and avoid useless filters that make my photos look like someone else's and hopefully as you mention, with time it will come to me.

I don't mind playing the waiting game at car shows because after all..its really for the people to see the cars and I don't want to be in their way looking at the car so I wait for my moment when its clear and take the shot but I can't wait forever either so if there is a ton of people around the car then I try to add that element to the photo as it is a car show and there's going to be people and that's part of it.

Kind of like this, not a TON of people but you get the point.

View attachment 125494
Yeah, it will come with time. There are certain things you can't rush IMO.

You do make a good point about the people around a car at shows, making them part of the subject. The photo you posted demonstrates that well, I like it. What concerns me more are the stray people in the background of shots that you may have waited out. And I don't mean that photo specifically, just in general.

Explore different angles for sure. If the car is slammed on the ground for example, you could either get down on the ground (and I mean literally up to the point of setting the camera on the ground), or go high with the camera and get a shot straight down of the hood. If it's a lifted truck, getting low would emphasize the size of the truck. In your photo above, you could have gotten real close to the front grill and taken a photo towards the people with the engine bay on the right side, just giving a peek of what they were looking at. So many options, you have a lot of creative freedom with cars.

I like how you edited this one too, in terms of exposure and colors. It's not what I would have done, but I like it. I like the muted colors, and the darker shadows. My first reaction was that the shadows are too dark, but the more I look at it the more I like it. Works well with the duller colors. Nice!

I like that Impala shot. That's my kind of style...I have yet to shoot a car show at night though. I don't live in a city so that's really hard to come by here! But that would be really fun.

Thanks for sharing your photos, they are great. I guess I'm on the right track, I just gotta keep working at it and I'll get better (hopefully).

I'm just going to process my photos my own way and avoid useless filters that make my photos look like someone else's and hopefully as you mention, with time it will come to me.

I don't mind playing the waiting game at car shows because after all..its really for the people to see the cars and I don't want to be in their way looking at the car so I wait for my moment when its clear and take the shot but I can't wait forever either so if there is a ton of people around the car then I try to add that element to the photo as it is a car show and there's going to be people and that's part of it.

Kind of like this, not a TON of people but you get the point.

View attachment 125494
Yeah, it will come with time. There are certain things you can't rush IMO.

You do make a good point about the people around a car at shows, making them part of the subject. The photo you posted demonstrates that well, I like it. What concerns me more are the stray people in the background of shots that you may have waited out. And I don't mean that photo specifically, just in general.

Explore different angles for sure. If the car is slammed on the ground for example, you could either get down on the ground (and I mean literally up to the point of setting the camera on the ground), or go high with the camera and get a shot straight down of the hood. If it's a lifted truck, getting low would emphasize the size of the truck. In your photo above, you could have gotten real close to the front grill and taken a photo towards the people with the engine bay on the right side, just giving a peek of what they were looking at. So many options, you have a lot of creative freedom with cars.

I like how you edited this one too, in terms of exposure and colors. It's not what I would have done, but I like it. I like the muted colors, and the darker shadows. My first reaction was that the shadows are too dark, but the more I look at it the more I like it. Works well with the duller colors. Nice!

Haha thanks, that photo was from a while ago. I didn't bother to re-edit it for this posting. I'm pretty sure it was some free preset I got.

I try to experiment with angles, sometimes they work and sometimes they don't work and sometimes I get weird looks. Hahaha.

Haha, just wanted to share how crazy that rat rod was inside.

Erwin-120922-8702.jpg

Most reactions

Back