Editing C&C. Memorial Bridge

matt62485

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Disregarding the power lines which I know kill this picture. Does the excessive edit here work?

I kinda of like it, but then I'm not sure it neccessarily works. Overall I was just playing in PSP and wanted to see what I could come up with.

Thoughts suggestions please! :confused:

bridge.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y134/Dubkota/d40/bridge.jpg

I really like the image (powerlines aside).
Might need a little brightening up.
I love bridges and was honored that a bridge lady (operator) let me ride up and down on one, a couple times.

CURSE YOU, POWERLINES!!!SHOTKILLERS!

Funny how they are always at the best angles to shoot from, huh?

Thanks Bitter! I actually darkened it some, to me... it seemed a little too bright for the look I was going for, but perhaps you're right and I'm just crazy :lol:

The other side of the bridge is actually the best to shoot from, but the lighting was horrendous from the sun. Time to go back in the morning!

your edit looks pretty good.
power lines are to be cursed, the lucky thing here is that they are mostly parallel with the bridge.

i am curious how the original looks.

Thanks Bitter! I actually darkened it some, to me... it seemed a little too bright for the look I was going for, but perhaps you're right and I'm just crazy :lol:
No, I only said that because I tend to make things darker myself. One of the biggest repeated criticisms I get when I post stuff for CC, :D. Therefore, if I liked it, it must be too dark. :lmao:

here is the original, and below it i messed around some with a color version

original

DSC_4742.jpg

edit. eff you powerlines.

4-4.jpg

No, I only said that because I tend to make things darker myself. One of the biggest repeated criticisms I get when I post stuff for CC, :D. Therefore, if I liked it, it must be too dark. :lmao:

i feel ya. i think darker works on a lot of things, and some people dont... so whatever. id rather have slightly underexposed than over... i like the feel it gives a lot of photos. i tend to run things cooler, and everyone is like... "too much blue"! blah, whatever :mrgreen:

I think the edit is great. Clean and sharp. Nice color.

I wouldn't personally agonize over the power lines in this one... while the eye goes to them and my initial reaction is "oh look, powerlines" after asecond or two I'm like "hm, you know they kinda fit". I think the angle is complimentary to the subject so it works out pretty well actually.

Personal opinion, of course.

I actually thought about hanging this one in the garage, kinda a theme I wanna go with in there. Wonder how big before it would look pixelated.

this is one I took the first week I got the camera, went back and did a little edit the same way

bridge2.jpg

I'd like to see a vertical/portrait crop after the front support "pad", and including the far end of the bridge. My reasoning: My eye is drawn to the big blocky thing in front, which turns out to be not that interesting.

hmmm. you mean i got to do more work? lol jk. ill give it a shot and post it up.

i had actually cropped it about 1/2 way of it and couldnt decide if i liked it. now i look at it more, i see what u mean. thanks

Most reactions

Back