Editing Nightmare - Any Suggestions (or help!)

ryan@CapCity

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So my friend sent me a picture last night asking me to edit it. With out seeing it I said "sure no prob!" I figured she wanted me to just adjust the color & tones, which with LR3 I feel I'm decent at. But when I actually looked at the picture I was lost. The color, tones, exposure I can all fix in LR3 but she wants the dogs eyes "fixed". The dog has one brown eye and one blue eye. Its cool to see in person, but for the picture she wants both eyes brown. And the white zombie eye gone.

I was playing around in CS3 last night, which I will admit I am horrible with, for about and hour. I was playing with layers and filters and god knows what else.

Can anyone point me in the fixing right direction as far as where I should start? Is there a quick fix in CS3?

I know there are photo shop wizards here, that's why I come begging for your help! Thanks in Advance for your help and tips!

SDC10625.jpg

Hmmm.. this will take like 2 seconds. Use the Red Eye tool on LR3.

The biggest problem is the 2 different colored eyes. He has one blue eye and one brown eye. She wants both eyes to be brown. And the red eye in LR3 did absolutely nothing to the eye on the right side of the picture.

I used the lasso tool in cs3. Outlined the right eye. Copy, paste then rotate so it looks good. Then used the eraser tool to make it look right.

The photo is not worth editing it should be in the recycle bin

Trust me, I know that! Just trying to do my friends a favor. Favor should be to go take the photos for them!

The other reason I'm even trying to do something is that this small problem made me realize how little I know about cs3. Just looking to learn a couple things here and there, and I know how good some folks are here and that they are willing to help and teach.

Last edited:
With your Photoshop CS3 open, click on HELP, there at the top of the workspace. Adobe has bunches of free tutorials and other learning resources.

Quick and dirty using the clone tool:
SDC10625.jpg

Last edited:
Heres my run through lightroom 3:

SDC10625-2.jpg

Very, very nice edit, the kids came out looking much better and the color is much better as well. Except the dog came out looking like a painting.

Wow...mine looks like crap!!! Zombie pooch!!! :lmao: Thanks for some practice anyway!

5245935568_78fdcf24a0.jpg

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back