editing

kfin22

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
These pictures aren't that great but I've been messing around with editing them and was interested to see what someone else would do. Anyone want to play around with these and let me know how & what you did?

1.)
5pe62e.jpg

2.)
qnw6so.jpg

In my opinion these pics lack sharpness, but that is likely due to your lens.

Other than that its not too bad really.

Last edited:
Not going to play with them cause I know what need to be done and you should learn :)
ALL OF THEM are lacking from shadows on the face - normally it isn't an issue if you have a lighting ratio but in this case you don't have it - its a flat shadow; therefore light up your shadows a bit. Next add the contrast a bit - give it SOME sort of depth.

20100925-edit2.jpg

Picture 2-Upped the blacks, added fill light, upped the exposure, upped vibrance.

20100925-edit1.jpg

Picture 1-Upped blacks, fill light, vibrance, brightness, added vignette.

It looks like your lens is smudged or smeared with a fine film of airborne cooking oil droplets or something similar...the hazy, diffused look of your originals makes me wonder if your 18-55 lens is smudged up pretty evenly...

Your shutter speeds are way down to 1/20 and 1/30, and so there is motion blur that cannot be rectified..

Perhaps a bit of added contrast can make them appear more pleasing to the eye,,,:D

My version:
Sharpening Boost
Reduced noise
Contrast boost
White balance adjusted.
5pe62e.jpg

Most reactions

Back