Editorial Shoot - C&C PLEASE

like the photos
they bit dark... but if thats what u want to achieve than OK

I really enjoyed looking at your photostream. Poses were great and the close up was beautiful. Great models to work with. Is fashion going to be your primary focus?

Thanks for the compliments! I hope so. I leaning towards fashion, but I really wouldn't mind doing photo journalism either. :)

I disagree with this 100%. Macbooks do not make ideal displays for photo editing. The only display 6-bits per channel, meaning instead of 16.7 million colors, they only display 262,000. It's usually okay until you have nuanced, graduated colors. You don't really know what you are looking at in those situations. In my experience they don't work with colorimeters too well. I finally settled on a Huey Pro, but there is a slight color cast that I need to acclimate to, before I can get a sense of my colors. If you don't have a colorimeter and you try to calibrate it by eye, may the force be with you. I've heard repeatedly is extremely difficult to get an accurate calibration by eye. Also you don't want to have your brightness on full, if you are using a colorimeter. Your backlight will degrade over time and you will be able to compensate for that if your base level of brightness is not on max power.

I like your photos. I think #1 is a nice model shot, but it doesn't show off the outfit very well, and since it is a fashion shot I think the fashion should be the main focus of the image. I think the other clothes need to be retouched, they have unappealing creases in spots and make the clothes look less beautiful than they could be. You should try to bring a student wardrobe stylist or a professional looking for TFP work with you on shoots, so they can just look for odd creases and can adjust the clothes to fit better. Then you can just focus on the model and the photography. Keep up the good work.

Thanks so much for your detailed C&C. :) Yeah I found the creases very very distracting. I procrastinated on the retouching and then rushed it for submission. :s

I'll keep your crits in mind. Especially about the stylist. THANKS!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back