eggg Shadows!

Patrick

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.kylesphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This may be the wrong forum, it so please move it.
Anyway, I know there HAS to be away of removing these shadows in PS but I've having no luck:banghead: . So I decided to ask the experts.

DSC_4654.jpg

Please Help:hail:

There's a tool called burn - select it and get it to about the right size and click it once or twice in the right place. That should do it nicely.

That would be because I should have said dodge, not burn!! I should try thinking one of these days. It's on the same tool, right click to change it.

LMAO, this will take some work. I copied your image and tried it out myself and the elder gentleman now looks like he has bleach stains on his shirt. Heh. Have fun.

Patrick said:
This may be the wrong forum, it so please move it.
Anyway, I know there HAS to be away of removing these shadows in PS but I've having no luck:banghead: . So I decided to ask the experts.

DSC_4654.jpg

Please Help:hail:
what kind of lighting did you use?

I would try the 'Close Stamp Tool' in Photoshop.

I totally agree with the stamp tool. thats my personal favorite photoshop tool... works great for shadows you just have to take your time and use one of the smallest settings... and dont forget to save it its going to take you more than one session...

I'll try the stamp tool tomorrow. Didn't have much luck with the dodge, at least without alot of practice.

I used tungs. lighting , 250 w for the background on a boom.
1 500 watt with satin umbrella.

and something very stupid to do, my sb800 wireless from the left.(which is what cast that shadow) Never tried it before and I was short on space.

First time I've ever done a Family portrait and learned some very important lessons.

The singles and Doubles turned out great...just the group thing sucked big time.

Thanks for the help.!

Jess said:
LMAO, this will take some work. I copied your image and tried it out myself and the elder gentleman now looks like he has bleach stains on his shirt. Heh. Have fun.

No bleach stains.... Just the guy behind the camera with a stupid untried idea...LOL

Patrick said:
I'll try the stamp tool tomorrow. Didn't have much luck with the dodge, at least without alot of practice.

I used tungs. lighting , 250 w for the background on a boom.
1 500 watt with satin umbrella.

and something very stupid to do, my sb800 wireless from the left.(which is what cast that shadow) Never tried it before and I was short on space.

First time I've ever done a Family portrait and learned some very important lessons.

The singles and Doubles turned out great...just the group thing sucked big time.

Thanks for the help.!

yeah.. everything was sounding good till you used that direct strobe... you should invest in something that diffuses it alittle to get rid of those nasty shadows...

raider said:
image>adjustments>shadow/highlight

Lasso'd the shadows, brightness contrast, healing brush where the lasso was. Works great. Didn't have much luck with the adjustments/shadow/highlights. Tried that first with no luck.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back