...egrab lanac a

captain-spanky

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.higg.co.uk
egrablanac.jpg

didn't quite come out how i wanted but there you go, nothing ever does... :D

Shark, I think you maybe right, but event with that point of view it still looks odd
The reflections look like they do not match, the man on the right looks all wrong :scratch:

egrab lanac a = a canal barge
nice reflection!

taob.jpg

this was the original... just thought it was a little boring but i loved the stillness of the water before the boat disturbed it so wanted to somehow make that the main point of the picture...i also felt everything above the boat was a little busy. I tried a bit of dof on another pic but it didn't work out.

the guy was holding out a bottle of water for his daughter who was at the side of the canal on a bike. She'd just opened a lock for him and was cycling at the side.

i was thinking about entering the first posted image into the 'Photography Monthly' reflections competition but have no idea if it's anywhere good enough to even be considered... don't really thinkit is... but i suppose i don't lose anything by trying (except confidencee if they slate it in the mag)
what do you think? any ideas how to make it magazine standard?

cool idea and even cooler pic spanky :thumbsup:

well done fella. i like the way you feel like you're looking up at the boat as it passes over, and yet the reflection is there. initially confusing but in a really good way :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back