eilean donan castle

spako

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
spako.deviantart.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So I went to Scotland this "summer" ... and of course I had a stop at this classical location.. hope you like the shots anyway...

http://www.spako.lu

eilean1.jpg

eilean2.jpg

Wow, very striking photos! I love the stone bridge leading to the castle, and the vibrant colours of the sky, grass and seaweed

both a tad underexposed, raise that, or brightness, could make a damn nice shot

Thank you .. yes these are HDRs and I'm not sure about the exposure problem mentioned.. on my (calibrated) screen it seems ok .. I wasn't going for a bright shot but they don't seem to be onderexposed here...maybe another opinioncould help me out :)

Underexposed... I'm having a hard time telling if they are, I could see it possibly exposed just a tad more... possibly. But I do love the dark shot, I've gotta try this HDR stuff finally.

If you're going for dark and moody, they're just right. Lovely shots. I like the bottom one best. If you're a stickler about detail in the shadow areas, the guys above have a point.

Also, if you are going for HDR-style color saturation, I think they they look more vibrant in Firefox than Safari.

(24" TFT monitor, Firefox, Safari and OSX).

great shots!!! i cant wait to learn more about photography in school! im eager to have some good shots too one day :(

ps. everyone is talking about HDR? can u explain what this is to me??

They look underexposed to me, too.

I don't like HDR as it makes colors look like the circus and not natural.

geez i love the second one..the 2nd pic can be use in harry potter movie good job..

Spako they are a bit under on mine too... i took the top one into PS and altered it so it looks right on my screen... have you changed your calibration recently?

Nice shots tho, and they do work even if they are a little dark. :thumbup:

Thank you for the feedback..
I actually bought an IMac quite recently, and the glossy screen has really vivid colours.. I calibrated the screen, but I use a huey (the little stick to put on the screen)..I guess I'll have to calibrate the screen once more.. I'm not sure if the huey still works properly though...

wow those are amazing the first one seems a bit dark but the second kinda grabs you for a darker settting i like the idea

Most reactions

Back