K9Kirk

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
779 redo cvt (2).jpg

809 redo cvt (2).jpg

801 redo cvt (2).jpg

Question ... why do my pictures look sharper in PS before I resize and post them on here? Is there anything I can do about it?

Last edited:
Apply named, especially to fish! Love the patterns in the feathers in the first one.

Apply named, especially to fish! Love the patterns in the feathers in the first one.

Thanks. I agree, I like that pattern a lot, especially when they spread their wings to display them.

Number 3 for the win!

These look great! Pretty bird with weird eyes. I notice the same thing-look clear on my computer, but after sending them here not so much. I assume it’s the resizing? BUT-some people post amazingly clear photos. But your photos are looking better and better.

Awesome lookin' bird! Cool set Kirk.

When you are resizing your photos are you just adjusting the pixel dimensions, or the DPI also?

Yup, #3. Great catch.

Cool set!
Number 3 for the win!
These look great! Pretty bird with weird eyes. I notice the same thing-look clear on my computer, but after sending them here not so much. I assume it’s the resizing? BUT-some people post amazingly clear photos. But your photos are looking better and better.
Awesome lookin' bird! Cool set Kirk.

When you are resizing your photos are you just adjusting the pixel dimensions, or the DPI also?
Good set.......
Yup, #3. Great catch.

Thanks to all for the kind comments and not shredding me for bumping up the light/noise in PP, lol!

Thanks to all for the kind comments and not shredding me for bumping up the light/noise in PP, lol!

I noticed it, but it's not bad. Number 3 is awesome.

well done.

compression. The problem is compression.

well done.

compression. The problem is compression.

Thanks and thank you for that info. Now I can stop kicking my camera, lol! Now the question is how are others compressing to get the sharp pictures on here?

Question ... why do my pictures look sharper in PS before>>

There is something you can do about it. You need to learn how much sharpening to apply to your desired web reduction size. In the old days my web reduction size was 704 pixels on the long axis. This was about 15 years ago. Today I prefer a 1000-to 1200-pixel size on the long axis, now that we are in the era of Wi-Fi and high-speed cable.

Take your original photo and decrease its size by 50% and then apply sharpening in two passes of about 35%value. Radius of 3-5 pixels, and a threshold value of about 3 to 5. Then repeat.Then down-size a seconf time by about 50% again, and repeat the process with two passes of sharpening. The end goal is a final web jpeg of about 1000-1200 pixels on the long axis. The idea is that if you need 70% sharpening, it is better to apply this in two passes of half strength.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back