elements?

bazza

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just before I buy, is photoshop elements 4 better than 2??

I've seen a lot of people using 2 but not 4. Is there a reason?

Canon don't make Elements, Adobe do. And, yes, it's far better than version 2, even better than version 3 for that matter. I've been using Photoshop 7 for 3 years, and Elements 4 is even better than that as far as photo-editing is concerned. I couldn't afford a later version of Photoshop so I got Elements 4 and I'm well impressed.

This may not apply to you just yet, but if you ever start shooting raw with your digital camera, you can open and process the raw files from a whole host of different cameras right there in Elements without having to use a separate program. And even if you don't shoot raw, Elements 4 is the most complete photographer's editing program I've used which doesn't cost the earth.

slip of the typing finger there mark :lol: ...... thats what happens when your too smart ;) ....im sure he ment to say 'check the adobe site'.....

But yes elements 4 is a big improvement on the previous versions, so if you haven't made the purchase yet..... then i would go for it.

I have 4 on one computer and 2 on another... the reason I haven't put 4 on both is that you can download Channel Mixer and some other useful PS tools that are absent in Elements. The last I heard these plug-ins worked on versions 2 and 3 but not in 4. AFAIK 4 like its predecessors doesn't have Channel Mixer... or am I wrong there? tbh I only got 4 recently and haven't played around with it very long.

Thanks 4 it is then... Is cs much better concidering the price difference??

Most reactions

Back