Engagement ring pic

robertwsimpson

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So my girlfriend (or fiance now!) and I just got engaged, and I was trying to think of clever ways to take a ring picture, and this was the one I liked the most:
4114224649_4e8765ceff_b.jpg

I liked this one second most:
4114994468_4522e988e3_b.jpg

(lol)

I don't know if we're going to take any real engagement photos, but if you have any suggestions on a quintessential engagement pic, post it! Thanks for looking!

Clean...and congrats.;)

Congrats on the engagement!!! She will have a blast planning!!!

She's already at work buying bridal magazines and trying to set dates and stuff. I was like "can we just wait a week before we nail down every detail!?"

it's fun so far though!

Nice ring. Nice hand.
Where is the girl?
Really, you can't take this picture. To tell the story, the ring, your fiance and you should be in the shot.
Unless you are trying to sell rings, I would call this shot an 'el floppo'.

Savor the moment! Congratulations are in order! Make a few beautiful engagement portraits of your lovely bride to be, just to capture this point in time; before you know it, you'll be rolling out of bed at 3 AM for a baby's feeding; then the little tyke will be throwing food all over the kitchen from his high chair; then school days will come all too early in the AM; and before you know it, your beard will be graying and you'll have been married 15-20 years. Then dig out those portraits and give her a set of them on an anniversary.

Nice ring. Nice hand.
Where is the girl?
Really, you can't take this picture. To tell the story, the ring, your fiance and you should be in the shot.

thanks for the kind words.:meh:

Savor the moment! Congratulations are in order! Make a few beautiful engagement portraits of your lovely bride to be, just to capture this point in time; before you know it, you'll be rolling out of bed at 3 AM for a baby's feeding; then the little tyke will be throwing food all over the kitchen from his high chair; then school days will come all too early in the AM; and before you know it, your beard will be graying and you'll have been married 15-20 years. Then dig out those portraits and give her a set of them on an anniversary.

yeah I want to start taking as many pictures as I can from this point on. thanks for the well wishes!

Nice ring. Nice hand.
Where is the girl?

Sorry I made you unhappy, Robert. If you don't want honesty, don't ask the question.

Hey, just thought I would share one of the favorite ring shots I've seen. (I didn't do it, so I will just post a link, but check it out).
Hoffer Ring Shot

Actually if you look through his blog, he has an amazing ring shot pretty much every engagement session he does.

One other thing to consider, for doing your engagement pictures... many wedding photographers do an engagement session with the wedding package. They do it so they can get to know you a bit beforehand. Also, with engagement sessions they tend to be able to get a little more artsy so wedding photogs tend to really enjoy those shoots.

I remember those days, 37 years ago for me....

It may sound trite, but it is easy to "get married", the real trick is to find the right person.

Congratulations!!!

Nice ring. Nice hand.
Where is the girl?

Sorry I made you unhappy, Robert. If you don't want honesty, don't ask the question.

"unless you are trying to sell rings, I would call this shot an 'el floppo'"

I can think of more constructive things to say than that. and more constructive ways to say them. There is a difference between honesty and whatever that was. Also, the name of the thread is "engagement RING pic." What were you expecting?

Hey, just thought I would share one of the favorite ring shots I've seen. (I didn't do it, so I will just post a link, but check it out).
Hoffer Ring Shot

Actually if you look through his blog, he has an amazing ring shot pretty much every engagement session he does.

One other thing to consider, for doing your engagement pictures... many wedding photographers do an engagement session with the wedding package. They do it so they can get to know you a bit beforehand. Also, with engagement sessions they tend to be able to get a little more artsy so wedding photogs tend to really enjoy those shoots.

thank you! that's what I'm looking for. Very helpful stuff.
My fiance (man that sounds weird to say or type) has a friend who does some photography and pretty much as soon as we started dating, her friend offered to do our engagement pictures... I was like WHOAAA THERE!.. we will see. Thanks for the link though!

Most reactions

Back