Engagement shoot...really need advice

chris182

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have an engagement shoot coming up in a couple months and I just met with the couple and the male is about 6 4 and the female about 5 3!! This seems challenging, any advice,poses,tips,etc??Anything helps

forgot to add it will be an outside shoot.

have her on a stool :) but jokes aside
sitting, laying, selective focusing, etc

Because its an outside shoot, make sure you have a place with interesting architecture, and then play. Use windows, doors, stairs, columns, anything to give the photos depth and dimension.

Be creative with full length images. But then focus on bringing their heads together for closeups. You can use stairs for this, or just sit them on the ground.

You can also play around with dips, and have him pick her up and spin and carry her.

You may also want to check out my post on engagements:
http://virtualphotographystudio.com.../11/24/8-keys-to-a-great-engagement-portrait/

Good luck!

I'm 5' and my husband is 6'3. Our pictures always turn out fine. It's just us. Also keep in mind that she will probably where heels at some point in the session. Which should give her an extra 3 inches or so! Good Luck.

do some with him picking her up and swinging her around, have her stand on some ledges, next to him, it's ok to exploit that he's taller than her b a good margin ;)

thanks for all the input! It def got my mind working with thoughts,sometimes you just need that jumpstart! I'll get some of them up after the shoot. Thanks again

Most reactions

New Topics

Back