What's new

Engagement shoot with a 50 mm charge or no charge?

ewick

TPF Noob!
Joined
Dec 12, 2011
Messages
464
Reaction score
74
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I shot my cousins engagement shoot at the beach and thought I would share these with every one here and maybe get some feed back. She wants to know how much I would charge but I feel my work is ok and need to learn so much more. I told her she can tip me and that I shot her as more of a pre-wedding gift than anything else. she tells me whats a good tip and not sure what to tell her. I know I still need a lot of work all around but should I charge or not? thanks in advanced and any C&C is welcomed.

1.
7063292987_a47ced41ae.jpg
[/URL] Engagement by pop-a-dot, on Flickr[/IMG]







2.
7063293119_db068afd67.jpg
[/URL] Rose
mary
by pop-a-dot, on Flickr[/IMG]

3.
6917212168_76dcbf0757.jpg
[/URL] the pier by pop-a-dot, on Flickr[/IMG]


4.
7063292887_f0f90648b8.jpg
[/URL] grayscale by pop-a-dot, on Flickr[/IMG]


6.
5.
6917212464_7bb3e1f80e.jpg
[/URL] The ring by pop-a-dot, on Flickr[/IMG]
6917212668_663e41c2fb.jpg
[/URL] feet by pop-a-dot, on Flickr[/IMG]
 
a meal... a decent one... not McDonalds.. but not a 5 star either.... ;)
 
A good tip? I typically charge five bottles of Collingwood whiskey.
 
They came out ok. I am sure she likes them.
A little dark overall, levels would probably fix.
Next time watch the dead space top of frame, ex. 1 2 4.
As mentioned a nice lunch should cover it, or bottle of wine.
 
Dinner at your favorite restaurant is a nice gesture for your donated services. In my opinion, better to gift than take a little money.
 
Thanks everyone. Like I said, I know I still need work all around but i dont claim to be a professional...yet. A decent meal sounds fair. I will keep that in mind. I really dont want to accept money just yet. Any more C&C on framing, posing or post processing is very welcomed.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom