What's new

Engine Bay Shots

A4RingedONE8T

TPF Noob!
Joined
May 26, 2008
Messages
54
Reaction score
0
Location
Sarasota/Brandon, FL
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Had to take some updated engine bay pics for a magazine spread my car is going to be in in Nov. Some of them actually came out very well (IMO) so thought I would share!

Shawn

DSC03392.jpg


DSC03415.jpg
 
B6 Turbo! Have any photos of the car?

Oh the engine bay is sexy. Technically the exposure is correct, so I guess you got what you were after.
 
Whats that thing in the second picture for? I don't drive yet haha.
 
ahmm im impressed with the car not with the pictures..
 
Of course I do! :)

DSC01053_4_5-HDR.jpg


DSC_0231rotated-cropped-bordered.jpg

oooooooh I know this car. I'm on audizine (not frequently). I have a B6 also.
No where near 500WHP however, I did that in my 1.8T GTi w/ a gt3071R.
 
Critique right, photo talk not car talk.

Ok, the first photo is good, but I think it could be cropped in tighter for a stronger composition. The two triangles of ground take away from the photo. I'm no sure what I'm supposed to be looking at specifically. Other than that it is great lighting, sharp focus, and I'm sure it will work for what it was taken for.

The second photo, much better. The shallow depth of field really helps lead the eye to the turbo. A little brighter and a bit sharper would really help here.
 
It's a turbo, and allows a 1.8l 4 cyl to make 500hp :wink:

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

there is no friggin way that little turbo and 1.8 is cranking out 500 ponies.

Not even with some squeeze are you gonna make that:lmao::lmao:
 
:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

there is no friggin way that little turbo and 1.8 is cranking out 500 ponies.

Not even with some squeeze are you gonna make that:lmao::lmao:

It depends, IHP, BHP, CHP, and measured where? Flywheel, rear-wheels? Don't forget these little engines make all their HP on RPM, the torque is probably in the area of 75 ft-lbs at 6000+ RPM. It's 500 HP on paper only.
 
:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

there is no friggin way that little turbo and 1.8 is cranking out 500 ponies.

Not even with some squeeze are you gonna make that:lmao::lmao:

It's possible.

My friend's Eclipse was around 450 AWD wheel-hp, that's a 2.0 engine, but his turbo was about the size of my head.
 
Guess you guys dont know much about turbo 4 cylinders or turbo's alone even, a NA motor will make no torque, a turbo motor absolutely makes torque and many times equal to or very close to hp

I dont have a dyno with my setup now on high boost. The high number here was the setup I had prior (2 turbo's ago) with a GT28RS. Straight pump gas, 20psi, 298whp 295wtq which is equivalent to about 380-390 crank HP and torque. The lower two numbers are with a 3071R, pump gas, 12psi right after I built the bottom end of the motor

DSC02079.jpg


My setup now with the the 3076R makes about 330-340whp on pump gas 20psi, MS109 + 28psi is right at the 400whp mark which is 500hp @ the crank ...

Thanks for calling me out and proving yourselves wrong ...
 
And to show the setups Ive had

GT28RS

DSC01649.jpg


DSC01976.jpg


GT3071R

DSC02050.jpg


Built Bottom End

DSC01842.jpg


DSC01841.jpg


DSC01856.jpg


28RS - Stock K03

DSC00646.jpg


28RS - 3071R

DSC02046.jpg


3071R - 3076R

DSC01834.jpg
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom