Engine Bay Shots

A4RingedONE8T

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.1552v2.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Had to take some updated engine bay pics for a magazine spread my car is going to be in in Nov. Some of them actually came out very well (IMO) so thought I would share!

Shawn

DSC03392.jpg

DSC03415.jpg

B6 Turbo! Have any photos of the car?

Oh the engine bay is sexy. Technically the exposure is correct, so I guess you got what you were after.

Whats that thing in the second picture for? I don't drive yet haha.

ahmm im impressed with the car not with the pictures..

Of course I do! :)

DSC01053_4_5-HDR.jpg

DSC_0231rotated-cropped-bordered.jpg

oooooooh I know this car. I'm on audizine (not frequently). I have a B6 also.
No where near 500WHP however, I did that in my 1.8T GTi w/ a gt3071R.

Critique right, photo talk not car talk.

Ok, the first photo is good, but I think it could be cropped in tighter for a stronger composition. The two triangles of ground take away from the photo. I'm no sure what I'm supposed to be looking at specifically. Other than that it is great lighting, sharp focus, and I'm sure it will work for what it was taken for.

The second photo, much better. The shallow depth of field really helps lead the eye to the turbo. A little brighter and a bit sharper would really help here.

It's a turbo, and allows a 1.8l 4 cyl to make 500hp :wink:

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

there is no friggin way that little turbo and 1.8 is cranking out 500 ponies.

Not even with some squeeze are you gonna make that:lmao::lmao:

It depends, IHP, BHP, CHP, and measured where? Flywheel, rear-wheels? Don't forget these little engines make all their HP on RPM, the torque is probably in the area of 75 ft-lbs at 6000+ RPM. It's 500 HP on paper only.

It's possible.

My friend's Eclipse was around 450 AWD wheel-hp, that's a 2.0 engine, but his turbo was about the size of my head.

Guess you guys dont know much about turbo 4 cylinders or turbo's alone even, a NA motor will make no torque, a turbo motor absolutely makes torque and many times equal to or very close to hp

I dont have a dyno with my setup now on high boost. The high number here was the setup I had prior (2 turbo's ago) with a GT28RS. Straight pump gas, 20psi, 298whp 295wtq which is equivalent to about 380-390 crank HP and torque. The lower two numbers are with a 3071R, pump gas, 12psi right after I built the bottom end of the motor

DSC02079.jpg

My setup now with the the 3076R makes about 330-340whp on pump gas 20psi, MS109 + 28psi is right at the 400whp mark which is 500hp @ the crank ...

Thanks for calling me out and proving yourselves wrong ...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back