Enlargers

prove?

Just that the size of the print area in the negative is defined for certain purposes.

4x5= 20 correct? 20 sq. inches.

But what is the 'official' definition of 'large format'? Does it 'officially' start at 4x5? Or would using 'medium format' 120 film in a panoramic camera resulting in a 6x24cm negative be considered 'large format' simply due to it covering more real estate than a 4x5" negative (22.32 in² v. 20 in²)?

BTW, 6x9cm is 11.16 in²

And what is that purpose ?

BTW, 6x9cm is 11.16 in²
Really ? I am counting and counting and every time I get something like 8.37 sq. in. How small are yours inches ?

prove?

Just that the size of the print area in the negative is defined for certain purposes.

4x5= 20 correct? 20 sq. inches.

But what is the 'official' definition of 'large format'? Does it 'officially' start at 4x5? Or would using 'medium format' 120 film in a panoramic camera resulting in a 6x24cm negative be considered 'large format' simply due to it covering more real estate than a 4x5" negative (22.32 in² v. 20 in²)?

BTW, 6x9cm is 11.16 in²

I've known photographers who have said that 4x5 is "medium format, and that 645 was a "small format" and that you "may as well just shoot 35mm".

But, I think they were just showing off.

Never thought of using total area to define format size. As far as darkroom equipment, buy used or see what people will give you.

Thanks everyone for your pointers. I see it's a big investment...just something to think about and see what's out there and how it all works.

Most reactions

Back