Entering a contest, need help deciding what to enter.

number 1 ..they are great

All of set one is great. For set two, I'd leave out the second and third. The other three are great.

Seems as if set 2 is judged by some as being in need of one or two replacement pics, and I tend to agree with that sentiment.

Set 2 really tells more of a story. The imagery creation places the subject. The surroundings in the composition narrate. The viewer is left with making the decision. Set one is more of a chance. We know or relatively understand what we are viewing. Will the viewer see you in these images? Or will they see the woman. I see you but will they? I see you because I know of you.

In an exhibition, I would spend more time viewing set two.

I prefer Set 2.......Set 1 looks like shots I've seen before, to common. Good luck with the show.

I can either drop or replace #2 and #3 although my replacements for them are fairly slim at the moment
(I used the screen capture thing on the computer to bring these over here so ignore the black outlines around the edges)
Capture.JPG

Capture2.JPG

Capture4.JPG

I like the first, the woman with the outstretched hands; the others, not so much.

Ill probably just drop #2 and enter the rest of set 2

A large format contest. Set 2 displays movements...whereas set 1 could have been shot with a fixed body camera.
Fair point, BUT... set one has much more "face" and in general faces tend to produce a stronger connection with the viewer. I don't really see that the movement use in the second set adds a lot in terms of the quality of image. In fact these days it doesn't even prove it's a large-format image, that could have been done with software!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back