Website
www.voodoocat.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
shot with Yashica
Ilford HP5 pushed to 1600

adoor.jpg

thoughts?

I like it - I've always prefered the high contrast and greater detail of Ilford. Did you develop and print yourself or send it out? Doesn't look like the usual grain you get at 1600.

I developed and printed myself. It's medium format which is why it doesn't look like it's 1600.

Holy crap!! This is my kind of image.... B&W, dramatic shadows, texture....

damn. I'm smitten. :thumbsup:

More, please. :D

Both photos are very good. The first one kind of seems dreary, but the second one seems more enlightened like you going into a better world.

Thats just my opinion :D

Too bad you don't have print just between the two. The dark shadows of the first add a lot of mystery to the picture while a little too dark at the door.

I believe in the second print the focus is lost to the bottom right due to the overwhelming brightness. However I agree with previous comments about moving to a lighter world.

I believe the "gold" picture is somewhere between the two, but great shot.... :?

If you simply MUST brighten the image to show more shadow detail (but for pete's sake, why?) then I would agree that this second print has overdone it. It looks almost blown out at the bottom, though you have have attained excellent shadow detail at the top now. Too much, though, I think....

I'm sorry, I just dig the look of that top shot. It's a bolder image. While I agree that sometimes showing shadow detail means a "better" developed negative - I happen to like a high contrast shot, and the hint of shadow detail works just fine in this image. Showing too much of the door blows the mystery of the shadow! And I don't want to see that "X" at the top of the door....bah!

Just my opinion.... :wink:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back