Epson Perfection 750 Pro trouble

WilliamK1974

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hopefully this is the right place to post this.

I'm a member of a community darkroom, and one of the amenities there is the use of an Epson Perfection 750 Pro flatbed film scanner. It uses film guides which are then aligned on the scanner bed, and then the user will use an Epson Scan utility to scan negatives and turn them into images on their computer.

I use a 2015 MacBook Pro that just received the OS 10.15 Catalina update. This required an update from Epson Scan 1 to Epson Scan 2.

The trouble is that now when I use it, I'm not able to get images. I'll set the program up to scan negatives in a film guide, set the color and resolution, and then click Preview. It will scan, but it scans the negatives and film guide, and treats that like it's one image. This wasn't an issue with Epson Scan 1, and I'm not doing anything differently, just using a different software.

Has anyone else had a problem with this recently?

Thank you,
-William

More than likely the OS update broke it. I never update my mac os unless I really have to for some reason and usually don't run into problems.

although...after watching this guy's video (he starts showing what you want at around the 3 minute mark) it sounds like you just need to drag over the individual images to select them. (warning, the kid is kind of annoying..lol)

As a longtime Macintosh user I feel that since Steve Jobs died the company and its products has gone to s***.

As a longtime Macintosh user I feel that since Steve Jobs died the company and its products has gone to s***.
I bought this Macbook sometime in either 2015 or 2016. It still has the traditional Function keys up at the top of the keyboard. I remember maybe a year later, Apple made some kind of big announcement that they were making a major upgrade to the Macbook line. What was that upgrade, you might ask? It was that emoji bar that takes the place of the function bar. Wow. I mean, really, wow... There may have been some other upgrades, but nothing that got my attention. And let's not forget those keyboards that can be disabled by microscopic pieces of dust...

The previous 'Book I had was one of the black ones from around 2007. That thing bravely soldiered on for nearly 10 years. The keyboard was crapping out and its structural integrity was getting more questionable by the day, but it served me well.

Emoji bar.... every high school girl's dream " upgrade"...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back