Epson R300

Sweetsomedays

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Is it a good enough machine to produce quality prints I will be selling? Or would I be better off going to a lab till I can afford a nicer printer?

Thanks!

The R300 will produce fine quality prints up tp 8.5x11. It is far better than anything staples/copycop/officemax does but not as good as a true print shop, fine for selling though. I used one for a while until I upgraded to the R1800. Consequently the price on the R1800 has come down a bit and it ia much nicer printer than the R300, prints 13" wide which I love. If your planning on going to a lab for lerger prints than 8.5x11 get the R1800 you make your money back very quickly.

Thanks! I will look at that other printer as well.
Mind my asking what kind of paper you use to print on?

I have the Epson R220 - basically the same as the R300 & it's excellent. I sell A4 mounted prints & have never had any complaints, quite the opposite.

Through trial & error I've concluded that for optimal quality original Epson inks & original Epson paper can't be beaten.

simon

I use primarily Epson papers, when Im framing I use enhanced matte, now known as premium presentation paper. If im not framing I go with luster, I also use Epson roll luster paper as well. 13 wide by 33 feet long great for panaramics. I would highly reccomend getting a 13 inch wide printer, yeah its going to cost you over $400 if not $500 unless you get them in sale (Epson recently sold the R1800 for $300 on sale which is an unreal price) but in the end youl be so happy you can print large photos, 13x19 looks great and I do a ton of 13 by 36 as well. The quality is fantastic as well, Im sure the pros here will disagree and say things about professional shops having better quality and its true but to the human eye you really cant tell the difference. I wanted to go up to a 17 or possibly a 24 inch wide epson but when I saw the price for ink cartiridge replacement I quickly changed my mind, a full set of 8 inks will run you roughly $600 to $800 if not more... Also ALWAYS STICK WITH GENUINE EPSIN INKS!!! the imposters are not worth the slight savings... By the way a set of inks for the R1800 will cost you roughly $100 and you can print plenty of photos with that full set, I would estimate the per page cost at 13x19 in full color to be $3 to $5 dollars, a hell of a lot better then $30 to $40 if not more at a professinoal shop.

WOW! Those savings are defionetly worth investing in a printer I can make larger prints on. Thanks so much for sharing your insite. Looks like it's time to start saving for something ELSE ;) My poor husband...

I know a girl who used to work for a contracted company that did customer support for HP, Epson, and Canon.

She told me to avoid Epson because of the way the jets are designed or something? Something to do with the fact that after a while the Epson units need to be replaced or something...I dono...

I'm sure it's a nice printer, but make sure that the next one you buy has sa good track record....I dono if she's right or not, but just giving a heads up to make sure you do your research about customer satisfaction with that particular unit you're going to buy.

I had my R300 for a couple years and only had a problemwhen I used non epson inks. I've had my R1800 for over a year and have had no problems, although who knows what is in store for the next year. I feel Epson makes quality printers.

Most reactions

Back