EQUIPMENT FAILURE NIGHTMARE!

BuZzZeRkEr

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Yup! Finally happened to me. I was in the middle of snapping wedding formals at the altar, and my d200 just decided to die.....and it was before her time! For no reason she just went down....no power! Shes only 6 months old too so she's still under warranty. Don't worry it wasn't the battery, lens, or cf card malfunction as I switched 'em all out a couple times each....it's internal failure. THANK GOD I ALWAYS CARRY A BACKUP BODY!
Any ideas on what happened? I got the camera from B&H, should I contact them or Nikon?

Ah! So glad you had your backup handy! That would make my hearts skip a few beats and then flatline until it was resolved. I would likely contact BH first, given that it is still under 6 months and it seems like total system failure they should just send you a new camera and deal with Nikon.

Did you get the optional Stagemax insurance from B&H ? If so call B&H .

I contacted B&H and they said to contact Nikon.

I called Nikon and they wanted me to send it in for evaluation. It's still covered under warranty so I shouldn't be charged for repair, but shipping and time away from my baby stings a little. Nikon sounded perplexed on the issue...guess it doesn't happen often, I hope they can get this issue resolved and make sure it doesn't happen again.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back