Equipment List Needed?

NewDaddyMark

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I posted earlier today and got some real help figuring out what kind of camera would suffice for my needs as a beginning photographer. I'm trying to take pictures of my new born and family...maybe a few pictures of wildlife but i can worry about additional lenses for that later. Can you please give me a list of what you would recommend for what I need? Camera Body, Lense, Lighting, tripod, remote, software? I'm trying to keep the retail price of new equipment under $1,500 so I should be able to find used for $1000 or so. Thanks so much

All you need is a camera and a lens. The usual 'kit' lens (probably 18-55 or something close) will most likely be good enough.
After that, I'd suggest adding an accessory flash.

So maybe a Nikon D5100 or D3100 and the SB-600 flash.

Or a Canon Rebel T3i or T3 plus the 430EX flash.

For software, check out Adobe lightroom and/or Photoshop Elements.

Complete list, I would go with the following:

Camera and Lens Kit D5100: Amazon.com: Nikon D5100 16.2MP CMOS Digital SLR Camera with 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 AF-S DX VR Nikkor Zoom Lens: Camera & Photo

Tripod: Amazon.com: Dolica AX620B100 62-Inch Proline Tripod and Ball Head: Camera & Photo

Flash: Amazon.com: Used and New: Nikon SB-600 Speedlight Flash for Nikon Digital SLR Cameras

Software I would definetly suggest Lightroom, Hands down: Amazon.com: Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 3: Windows: Software

And a remote you can pick up on ebay for a ocuple bucks or just use the self timer in the camera and your tripod..

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back