Equivalent lenses

Deneuve

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello,

Could you tell me which would be the equivalent lenses in quality and specs of the following Canon lenses: 35mm f/2:0, 50mm f/1:4, 24-105mm, 85mm f/1:8. Thank you!

Thank you so much for your prompt response! Could you tell me what exactly is the difference between each lense in each pair, that is, the difference in the apperture range in this case? Thank you!

One says Canon, the other says Nikkor.

Well the "D" lenses are a bit older and they have an aperture ring. They won't autofocus on entry level bodies like the D3xxx and D5xxx series because they don't have a screw-drive focus motor. The D7xxx, D750, D810, D610...etc have a built in focus motor for these older lenses. Nikon still makes D lenses by the way, so you can't really call some of them older, just older design.

The "G" lenses are newer, lacks the the aperture ring and will autofocus on both entry level and higher end models.

Hope this helps!

Hello,

Could you tell me which would be the equivalent lenses in quality and specs of the following Canon lenses: 35mm f/2:0, 50mm f/1:4, 24-105mm, 85mm f/1:8. Thank you!

1.Nikon 35mm 1.8G ED
2.Nikon 50mm 1.4G
3.Nikon 24-120mm f4 VR
4.Nikon 85mm 1.8G

Thank you all! And thank you, nerwin, for the explanation, I didn't know that! I'm using D5200. In that case, as I understand it, I should opt for the G ones?

Thank you all! And thank you, nerwin, for the explanation, I didn't know that! I'm using D5200. In that case, as I understand it, I should opt for the G ones?

That would be correct!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back