Watch the Birdy!
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.johnsphotography.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I finally completed the processing on the rest of set from Eva's shoot of last week. Comments/critique on the images or set as a work are welcome. This set was specifically shot to fill in some holes in her portfolio, so the poses may not appear to flow very well.
Eva%20(12).jpg

Eva%20(2).jpg

Eva%20(3).jpg

Eva%20(5).jpg

Eva%20(6).jpg

Eva%20(9).jpg

Eva%20(8).jpg

Very nice model, John! the one that bugs me is #4, where there a shadow to her nose's right that makes it look larger than it is. On the same shot, I would like liked to see a bit more fill, and her left side (our right) kinda plunges into darkness. In th last one (#7) the tone looks more yellowish than the others and slightly washed out.

2,3,5,7 shoulders brighter than face
3 she is tilted back making her look fat
4 her face is dark and her shoulder is bright
6 her face is too plastic and the sweater so white it pulls my eyes
7 she looks preggers

sorry to be so curt but on my way somewhere.

Solid work.

I agree with Lew, the bright shoulders are a distraction, especially when it's mainly just bare arms contrasting against clothed body and darker background. A little bit of subtle dodging & burning can really help that.

One thing that bothers me, is that for all the make-up she has on...it looks like she barely ran a comb through her hair.

Last edited:
Thanks Mike, much appreciated! Yes, I'm going to re-work some of those slightly; as for the hair, she had the most difficult hair I've ever come across; it was getting combed/adjusted pretty much between every shot and I still spent an ungodly amount of time getting rid of fly-aways and other stuff in post.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back