What's new

Evening Blossoms

HannahRebekah

TPF Noob!
Joined
Oct 19, 2009
Messages
366
Reaction score
3
Location
Michigan
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Some new ones I took this evening. C&C welcomed and appreciated.
1
4541684987_5775169e1f_b.jpg


2
4542316478_c61bacef5a_b.jpg


3
4541682633_39db9ff321_b.jpg


4
4542327974_2ebaed7b3f_b.jpg
 
Ok, so I opened the thread and viewed the photos and was just going to leave, but I decided to try something new and comment so I don't end up as one of those nameless views.

Rough and straight forward:

1. Was this suppose to be in portrait vs landscape? I find myself turning my head. Either way, the majority of it is soft, IE not sharp and in focus. The subject doesn't really deliver in these proportions, meaning it's just not interesting with this crop/angle/whatever.

2. The flowers are not in focus and they blend way to well with that background (blown or close to).

3. I like the lighting hitting the leaves. I like the fact the leaves are in front of a dark backdrop that is not competing for attention. What I am not too fond of is the fact you have so much out of focus stuff in the shot. I mean you look at it and you search to find the target and then once you do find it, it's a very small portion.

4. Same thing applies with this one.
 
A major part of the softness comes from the stinky lens I'm using (I'd love a couple new ones, but I don't have a few thousand dollars lying around :) ). Thanks, those really help.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom