julie32

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.juliestarkphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey All:

I haven't been on for a while and I've missed everyone....

Anyway, I'm shooting an event this weekend for a breast cancer awareness fundraiser. They've asked that I get everyone's names that are in the photos for the magazine they'll be published in. There are going to be over 300 people at this event. My camera doesnt have a voice recorder so it has to be done by hand. Does anyone have a great system for this? I do have an assistant, but I want to make sure it's done correctly and simply. Any suggestions would be extremely helpful.

Thank you, in advance,
julie

unless your going to have a laptop with you, i think the ol pen and paper may be your only option... unless you have a digital voice recorder then you can just record after every image "image 55 Sara Stanley" etc.... this is where my iPhone and bluetooth headset comes in handy...

Pen and paper.

Make sure they spell they're name out for you. (Act like you're stupid and have no clue how to spell anything). Even the simplest names occasionally have strange spellings to them.

After you photograph someone, and write their name down, photograph your notebook. That way you will keep the name with the photographs.

All you do is put the peoples names to the number of the photo. Back in my old film days I would log my film speed, f-stop and, shutter speed. It was how I learned from mistakes or, what worked really well. So noting names is no biggie.

When I do events and need names I always have a little pad of paper and number each page. Then when I take a picture I ask everyone to write their names on the correct page. The reason I have them write it is because it creates less hassle when people have last names that may be difficult to spell.

If they are going in a magazine then you should have a pad of model release forms. Put the frame numbers on the corresponding form (with names printed and signed) and you're gold.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back