Ever wonder what pineapples look like before they are ripe?

Juice

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.chaosjourney.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hawaii011.jpg

Taken at the Dole Plantation in Oahu, HI.

Exposure Time: 1/80
F Number: 5.6
Exposure Program: Aperture priority
ISO Speed Ratings: 125
Metering Mode: Pattern
Flash: Flash did not fire, compulsory flash mode
Focal Length: 51mm
White Balance: Auto white balance
Make: Canon
Model: Canon EOS 7D

No, I never wondered. Well done, though I'm not a fan of closeups that have extremely shallow DoF. It would have been nice if you had reflected some light on the underside of the pineapple.

Do you know what pineapples and the Fibonnaci number sequence 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21, 34, 55, etc. have in common?

Do you know what pineapples and the Fibonnaci number sequence 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21, 34, 55, etc. have in common?

I believe it has something to do with the scales and their spiral patterns? Am I close?

WesternGuy

No, I never wondered. Well done, though I'm not a fan of closeups that have extremely shallow DoF. It would have been nice if you had reflected some light on the underside of the pineapple.

Why is a raven like a writing-desk?

Cool shot, a little dark behind it though.

Their fruitlets.

Why is a raven like a writing-desk?

No real answer.

Ummmmmm...something about the spirals going in each direction being in the number sequence?
Isn't the same thing in pineapples also exhibited in pine cones and sunflower seed heads?

But, doesn't the Fibonacci sequence apply to all plants, except the rare, bastard of nature, four leaf clover?
I am not successfully digging far enough back into the biology archives of my brain.

Yep, the pattern on the frutilets on the outside of the pineapple follows the Fibonacci sequence as do an astonishing array of other natural things.

The Fibonacci sequence also approximates the 'Golden Ratio' - ɸ (Phi). Several image cropping grids are bases on Phi. Some of those ɸ based cropping grids are available in Lightroom.

They kinda look like a spiky flower, cool! I like your picture too.

Most reactions

Back