Every photographer's greatest enemy...

Senor Hound

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
POWER LINES!!! I know you can work with them, but arrgh do they get in the way. Before I had Photoshop, I really hated them!

If you don't agree with me, post what makes you the most upset while photographing, or even if you do agree with me, but something else really gets your goat.

Powerlines are nothing - you at least has a sporting chance of cloning them out of the shot -- zoo bars and fences on the other hand refuse to even consider moving out of the way (And they are a darn pain to try to shoot through)
IMG_0412m.jpg

Powerlines are nothing - you at least has a sporting chance of cloning them out of the shot -- zoo bars and fences on the other hand refuse to even consider moving out of the way (And they are a darn pain to try to shoot through)
Yeh, but nothing compared to the pain suffered had it not been there in your sample shot:lol:

Sark

Ugh, seconded. I almost forgot about those. If I'm lucky, I might just be able to get my 18-55mm lens "through" the bars if I put it on 55mm and the bars are wide apart. But if they're grates, then you've got no chance of getting a photo. :x

I just passed on a shot of a pretty farm house with amazing light and a big blooming crabapple tree right next to it... because of powerlines.

I might have been able to PS them out, but they were REALLY close to the house and pretty pervasive AND went across the tree too... PSing out some shingles is one thing, but a blooming TREE? Yick.

I was so pissed. :x

I hope I'm not the only one who wrestles with white sky. I hate white sky more than any other photographic annoyance lately.

zoo bars and fences on the other hand refuse to even consider moving out of the way (And they are a darn pain to try to shoot through)
IMG_0412m.jpg

My fav zoo has no fences... you go in your car and in most areas it's ok to have the windows open. You are only required to roll them up in the bears, tigers and lions areas. It's allways thrilling to see a rhino walking by, at petting distance ;)
Here are some examples from there.

Some really nice shots there - really like the wolves!

Rino? Risky that - I know cars have crumple zones, but agaisnt a rino its all crumple ;)
where is that zoo? there is Longleat in the UK (and I think at least one other with free roaming animals). Though I have one dislike about those set-ups - they should make you park your car and then take an electic car round -- can't be healthy for the animals to be exposed to such high levels of fumes on a daily basis

What makes me the most upset are not power lines but the moments where you have an incredible opportunity for an amazing shot and with only a small amount of time you try to check all of the camera settings to make sure it is all correct and then it's not until the moment has gone that you realize that you forgot about one and it is way off. An example; I usually have my camera on ISO 100 as default but one time I used 1600 and forgot to change it back. The next time I used the camera (incredible opportunity) I was assuming it was on 100 and the picture had a lot of noise and wasn't as good as it could have been.

True Mike I intend to play more with bars next time - problem is the LCD on the camera is no good at telling you how well you really did at getting rid of them (least I find that)
Neuner - done that - spent a few hours shooting away in what I thought was ap mode - only to find I was in full manual mode and had overexposed most of the shots - ahh the old days of JPEG

My biggest enemy pertaining to photography is my own eye, brain, and fingers :)

I hate fences, there is no way of photoshopping these out:

DSC05663.JPG

Power lines I don't mind, they can be used to help accent the picture if you think outside the box

l_1cb87b9b15138e703bc293b0fa151d2c.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back