Everyone thinks they can be a pro! (RANT)

8.gif

Ok....carry on. :biglaugh:

I would be happy to entertain your opinions but my mind is pretty much made up that most people that think they can make a career as a photographer suck so much they should almost give it up as a hobby.

So, just wondering, what is it that makes you so good that gives you the right to make a statement like that?

I would be happy to entertain your opinions but my mind is pretty much made up that most people that think they can make a career as a photographer suck so much they should almost give it up as a hobby.

What I find most ironic about this statement is the fact that "Alleh Lindquist" runs a photography business and a BLOG ABOUT STARTING YOUR OWN PHOTOGRAPHY BUSINESS!

I looked at some of your posts, and I was surprised your advice wasn't simply "give up photography as a hobby", as your statement above indicates.

Seems a little contradictory to make a statement that most of US should not even be taking photos, and then offering advice to anyone who wants it.

It also seems a bit strange that your January posts have an air of "This is what I am doing to start in my business" feel, and by October you've changed into a "this is the way to run a business". You've gone from documenting what you're doing right and wrong, to flat out telling people the ONLY way to do things.

Anyway, statements like that make me cringe.

Oh, and... Get off your high horse.

This is all completely silly. Anyone can become a pro in seconds. This is what I am doing. It works, I promise! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

1067_legko.be%20%282%29.jpg

I tried this - and for what good it did, I might as well've shoved up me a*se..!!
Jedo

I found this site, which is more or less telling everyone how photography can not be considered a profession nor can you consider yourself a pro. That you should keep a regular job while doing this one the side b/c you won't be able to make money.

I don't know if you have seen it, found it interesting yet confusing...

http://www.kenrockwell.com/tech/pro-not.htm

Eh, I don't plan to quit the day job anytime soon, but I don't take Ken Rockwell entirely seriously either :) He has some good information on his site, but sometimes he is really full of it!

Ok, can we say Clear coat needed much? hahahha

Being a gear head, I'm anal when it comes to cars so I pick them to DEATH. That looks fairly new to have the coating disappearing....minus the wreck...heh

Err... KR is a nice guy that gets all his equipment basically for free and has some cool and some very UNcool opinions. I say opinions because a lot of his technical stuff is misleading and incorrect.

I keep a jar of salt handy when I read his site, because with a lot his stuff you just have to take with more than a grain of salt.

Originally Posted by Alleh Lindquist

So how is this hobby of yours going?

Err... KR is a nice guy that gets all his equipment basically for free and has some cool and some very UNcool opinions. I say opinions because a lot of his technical stuff is misleading and incorrect.

I keep a jar of salt handy when I read his site, because with a lot his stuff you just have to take with more than a grain of salt.

See, I have a BAD habit of researching the CRAP out of things...and I'm glad you all told me this so I can grab some of that salt...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back