"Exactitudes"

Mumfandc

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I saw this book "Exactitudes" at the local art/photo bookshop. Basically photographs of standards of dressing and "the apparent contradiction between individuality and uniformity" :).

I thought it was interesting, here's the companion website: http://www.exactitudes.com/

Never heard of a "Gabberbitch" though...

They call their series Exactitudes: a contraction of exact and attitude. By registering their subjects in an identical framework, with similar poses and a strictly observed dress code, Versluis and Uyttenbroek provide an almost scientific, anthropological record of people's attempts to distinguish themselves from others by assuming a group identity. The apparent contradiction between individuality and uniformity is, however, taken to such extremes in their arresting objective-looking photographic viewpoint and stylistic analysis that the artistic aspect clearly dominates the purely documentary element.
This looks like an interesting mix between a sociological study and photography, very cool find!

darin3200 said:
This looks like an interesting mix between a sociological study and photography, very cool find!
Yeah! And it's cooler that so many of the "types" shown are like real types you see in everyday life and can identify (well depending)

Although I don't know if the "labels" are universal if you know what I mean..."Casual Queers"?

Most reactions

Back