What's new

Examples of my Work:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nobody will click on an unknown site from a noob.
If you are serious post your pics.
 
I'm sorry to hear that, I'm sure you've run into problems in the past. At any rate I can assure you there is nothing offensive on my website, I was purely trying to share my work. I would prefer that you view my work through the website as it was intended to be viewed. I'll post a screen-shot for you of the homepage so that you can make the call as to wether or not view it.

Thanks,

Clay Howard-Smith
 
I checked it out, it's not my cup of tea. Artistically I think they are off the mark a bit, too dark. Not sure what exactly you are going for.
 
Your website appears to load quite slowly. It would be helpful for you to link the images here.
 
Many will refuse to view the site out of principle. Not only due to trust, but it also comes off as lazy when you don't post the pics in the thread. Why should I take the time reviewing your pics when you couldn't even take the time to post the images on the site? That makes me automatically assume (whether its accurate or not ) that you are just out for a pat on the back with no intention of actually being a participating member of this forum. You also have 4 posts since 2009, which helps enforce that notion.I do not mean this to be snarky or mean, just making you aware of it.
 
Well as I expressed earlier in my reply I am not interested in posting single images here. I mainly create linear/non-linear series so posting little snippets isn't how I want you to view my work. It's not an act of laziness, but an artistic decision. I can't be resposbile for how you view my work shootermcgavin. There are clear choices that I made in order to represent my ideas and simply saying you don't like them isn't helpful in the least. There is no definition or forumla to take the "perfect" image. I'm sorry if you can't see the merit in my technique. I choose to leave areas of my photographs dark because I'm playing with the idea of emptiness and the continual decisive moment. As for my participation in the forum I would like to apologize and would be happy to contribute in the future (super busy), and I'm not out for a pat on the back. I'm looking for good constructive criticism. I think it's a bit ridiculous how you all appear to be attacking me when I was just trying to share some of my world with you.
 
I think it's a bit ridiculous how you all appear to be attacking me when I was just trying to share some of my world with you.
Nobody is attacking you....just explaining the local customs.
 
Hey Big Mike can you please delete this whole thread.

Thanks,

Clay
 
Well as I expressed earlier in my reply I am not interested in posting single images here. I mainly create linear/non-linear series so posting little snippets isn't how I want you to view my work. It's not an act of laziness, but an artistic decision. I can't be resposbile for how you view my work shootermcgavin. There are clear choices that I made in order to represent my ideas and simply saying you don't like them isn't helpful in the least. There is no definition or forumla to take the "perfect" image. I'm sorry if you can't see the merit in my technique. I choose to leave areas of my photographs dark because I'm playing with the idea of emptiness and the continual decisive moment. As for my participation in the forum I would like to apologize and would be happy to contribute in the future (super busy), and I'm not out for a pat on the back. I'm looking for good constructive criticism. I think it's a bit ridiculous how you all appear to be attacking me when I was just trying to share some of my world with you.

Possibly if you were to post a few... it would generate enough interest and curiosity that some would go to your site to see the rest.
 
I think one or two shots are nice..... but as a whole, most of the series don't do anything for me.

The Death and Rebirth is somewhat interesting, but I think it comes across in a very macabre way entirely, rather than the joy that would be associated with rebirth.

However, you may be very successful.. since there is a large segment of the population that seems to care more about oddity and weirdness... than they do the actual artistic value!

(not trying to be rude... just my opinion!) :)
 
cgipson1, I just looked at your work and I feel the same way about you. Where is the artistic value in taking landscape photos? You could argue that you're creating art through some Duchamp complex, but I would certainty beg to differ. There isn't artistic value in your work, you're barely succeeding from a technical standpoint. None of your images that I sampled were anything spectacular. If you're gonna create boring, rehashed, nature shots then you might as well strive to be the best. You're the type of person that aspires to shoot for National Geographic, but never will. In a short and endless unromanticized process that ultimately leaves you with nothing. That's not even the real crime though, the real crime is how you tarnish what fine artists have worked endlessly to establish. You call yourself an artist, but where is your concept? I don't see one. Perhaps there is one, maybe underlying, but in the end all you have created is ineffective visual data. My friend, perhaps you should consider putting down the camera and attending a fine art class at your local community college then maybe you would understand what art truly is. You're a technology whore that believes a better camera takes a better image. You lack inspiration, and that becomes crystal clear in the rendering of your images. The images you provide appeal to a larger audience because they are uneducated, not because they are good; they are pedestrian images in the best scenario. (not trying to be rude... just my opinion!)
 
hahaha... methinks I hit a sore spot! :)


After all.. you did ask for C&C! I actually did so.. and you get pissed off! I find that amusing... it says a lot about you! :)

Your little "school" clique has probably been telling you how "wonderful" you are.. and the real world isn't pleasant for you! We call that the "Facebook Syndrome!" lol!
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom