EXIF Data Question

radiorickm

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I had never really looked at EXIF data until recently. I noticed that my camera (Canon XTi)exports everything very nicely into my computer. It has a spot at the end of the file for the body number, and the owners name.

Anyone have any idea how to get my name in there? Does it have to be written in the camera by doing a firmware upgrade and including the info, or is there some kind of Sig file that it will look at and extrct the info??????

on Nikon cameras you can set artist and copyright info in the settings as well, surely Canon is comparable.

on Nikon cameras you can set artist and copyright info in the settings as well,..................

On SOME Nikon cameras.

Exactly, and you may be able to do it on some Canon cameras, but if there isn't a setting for it, you should be able to plug your camera in via USB and change it in Digital Photo Professional.

Actually I think it's EOS Utility that you need to run, to set the Owners Name. Here's the instruction PDF Windows version for EOS Utility.

http://gdlp01.c-wss.com/gds/8/0300004048/01/eu29-w-en.pdf

canonsetup.jpg

With the camera connected you click on the little tools icon, and that's how you set it. I don't think DPP will help you. ;)

With the appropriate image ingestion software, or metadata writer, you can enter all kinds of info in the IPTC fields of the metadata.

Not only can you include the copyright owners name, contact information, camera serial number, you can also included use licensing information.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back