What's new

Exif data

wescobts

TPF Noob!
Joined
Nov 15, 2009
Messages
344
Reaction score
0
Location
Rochester N.Y
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
When I ask the photographer here on this site about a photo, what equipment and settings, often I get the response, exif data is intact. Where does one find this ? Thanks
 
Exchangeable image file format (Exif) is a specification for the image file format used by digital cameras. The specification uses the existing JPEG, TIFF Rev. 6.0, and RIFF WAV file formats, with the addition of specific metadata tags. It is not supported in JPEG 2000, PNG, or GIF.

To view exif data, you need an exif viewer/plugin to see it. You can google exif viewer and find tons of options.
 
I use that too, its pretty cool but its annoying how it does not work for flickr images.
 
I use that too, its pretty cool but its annoying how it does not work for flickr images.
if exif data is in tact on flickr images you can click on the more details or something in the sidebar of that image to see the data.
 
I use that too, its pretty cool but its annoying how it does not work for flickr images.
if exif data is in tact on flickr images you can click on the more details or something in the sidebar of that image to see the data.

You still have to actually go to Flickr to look at it though. You can't just right-click the picture in a post and see it... Annoying...I know.

I avoided using Flickr for a while because of that...now I just don't care anymore, lol.
 
I use that too, its pretty cool but its annoying how it does not work for flickr images.
if exif data is in tact on flickr images you can click on the more details or something in the sidebar of that image to see the data.

You still have to actually go to Flickr to look at it though. You can't just right-click the picture in a post and see it... Annoying...I know.

I avoided using Flickr for a while because of that...now I just don't care anymore, lol.

I really dont care about right clicking my own images to see the exif data because I can just see it in lightroom. Flickr is awesome though, much better then photobucket imo. I am thinking about upgrading to a pro account.
 
Yeah - I don't care about seeing my exif, but sometimes I like to see what aperture or ISO someone else used...

The pro account is worth it IMO... I didn't plan on getting it at first - it was actually given to me as a gift. Now that I have it though, I will renew it whenever it expires. Unlimited space is nice... ;)
 
Yeah - I don't care about seeing my exif, but sometimes I like to see what aperture or ISO someone else used...

The pro account is worth it IMO... I didn't plan on getting it at first - it was actually given to me as a gift. Now that I have it though, I will renew it whenever it expires. Unlimited space is nice... ;)

That and it lets you post larger pictures right? I am already at the 200 picture limit so I am going to upgrade pretty soon. And yeah I like to see other peoples exif data as well but you can't control what they used to upload their pics with.
 
I don't think the non-pro account has a limit on the size of picture you can upload - just a limit on how many MB you can upload per month. Pro account is completely unlimited though, so lately I've just been uploading all full-size pics... Mostly so my family can download them without me having to send them in an e-mail.

I know some people will say that it's crazy to upload full-size pictures, but I'm not really worried about it... It would be different if they were pictures for a client or something, but then I wouldn't be using Flickr. The little uploading app they have is pretty cool too. I just open that up, drag & drop my pictures in there, organize them, then upload (you don't need the pro account for that).
 
I don't think the non-pro account has a limit on the size of picture you can upload - just a limit on how many MB you can upload per month. Pro account is completely unlimited though, so lately I've just been uploading all full-size pics... Mostly so my family can download them without me having to send them in an e-mail.

I know some people will say that it's crazy to upload full-size pictures, but I'm not really worried about it... It would be different if they were pictures for a client or something, but then I wouldn't be using Flickr. The little uploading app they have is pretty cool too. I just open that up, drag & drop my pictures in there, organize them, then upload (you don't need the pro account for that).

You can upload full-size pictures but you or other people can't view them unless you have a pro account.
 
Really...? I didn't know that.

...Before getting the pro account, the biggest I ever uploaded was 800px on the long side.
 
You can upload full-size pictures but you or other people can't view them unless you have a pro account.
Not true.


BTW, Exif from Flickr photos linked here shows with Opanda. If that's what you were talking about, or were you talking about it not showing ON Flicker?
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom