EXIF Data

Online? Many browsers have an EXIF reader add-on.

In your computer, Opanda.com

Well if their uploaded to Flicker you can click on the image, then click on the three dots in the corner, and select view EXIF data.

Lots of sites will strip it for privacy reasons (phones sneakily embed the GPS co-ordinates, hence why facebook strip exif)

Most strip it just to save on storage space and bandwidth.

For what it's worth, when I downsize my images to 'fit' the size requirements, Photoshop Elements is knocking off the details of the EXIF. But then, I'm doing a "save for web" operation. Perhaps if I go back to the lower JPG quality save method it will keep the EXIF info.

Elements "Save for Web" option is removing the EXIF information as a way to make the image file size smaller for the web.

Using the newer Photoshop CS releases or CC, the Save For Web feature lets the user decide if Save for Web will or won't strip the ExIF info.
I don't know if newer releases of Elements has the same option.

right click on image then click on properties then click on detail. you can see EXIF data in detail and you can change and remove exif data ..

right click on image then click on properties then click on detail. you can see EXIF data in detail and you can change and remove exif data ..

Mac? Windows? OS? Software?

Windows 8 works this way, but I can't seem to be able to change data - only view and selectively remove it. I guess it uses the camera manufacturer codecs since it works with both JPG and NEF files.

Most reactions

Back