EXIF - how?

pgriz

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Probably a noob question on my part, but how does one look up the EXIF data on the images linked to the forums? Secret keystroke sequence or do you have to go to the source where the image is hosted? Thanks in advance for shedding some light (pardon the pun) on this.

There are a number of add-on applications you can install on your computer which will give you the ability to right-click on an image and pull up the EXIF data. Google "Opanda" for one. There are also on-line viewers such as Jeffery's where you simple paste the URL of the image into a text-box and the EXIF data is returned.

If you are using Windows you can also see some of the EXIF data by right clicking on an image and then clicking on 'Properties'.

If you are using Windows you can also see some of the EXIF data by right clicking on an image and then clicking on 'Properties'.

Images that are stored on my computer show the EXIF data that way, but not linked images. Some forums allow you to see the EXIF data by built-in functions. Wasn't sure if this feature was also present in TPF or whether I needed additional software.

Gonna check out tirediron's suggestion. It really helps to see what a poster was doing when critiquing photos. If you see, for instance a high ISO and a high shutter speed when they are shooting essentially static pictures, then you know their technical knowledge is probably not very high. But if the settings are appropriate for the situation, then we can infer they have the basics covered.

Firefox has several EXIF extensions you can download for free that allow you to right click on an image and view EXIF data also.

Downloaded, installed Opanda. Works well. Problem solved. Thanks, tirediron!

There are also EXIF editors/writers like www.photome.de, so you can't be positive that the EXIF data you are looking at is real, or not.

Unless, you already have a feel for what constitutes logical exposure triad values for the scene in the image.

This gets particularly problematic when supplimental light is used since that information is not normally part of the EXIF data set.

Most reactions

Back