exif oddity

notelliot

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm having a brainfart. 99% of the time, my exif data states that I used a 0/6 exposure bias but I very rarely use exp. compensation as I mostly shoot in manual exposure mode. What gives? Picture Control settings? Example

Pretty sure 0/6 means you didn't use any, otherwise it would be like 1/6 or -1/6 or something.

For example, this one I used compensation: touch me!
And this one I didn't: Smack me!

Mine is 3 cuz of my camera only had -3 to 3.

Does it really matter at all? All the important stuff seems to be correct, and that's the date time shutter, aperture, and iso. I didn't even realise that exposure bias was written in the exif till you just pointed it out ;)

Does it really matter at all? All the important stuff seems to be correct, and that's the date time shutter, aperture, and iso. I didn't even realise that exposure bias was written in the exif till you just pointed it out ;)

Not to mention, as I pointed out, all exif data has the exposure bias setting in it. And 0 means it wasn't used which is why he sees it, when unused, as 0. Even your photos have it (see).

Guess he didn't like the answer, tho.

God I love that photo.

Actually just did a bit of checking. This has nothing to do with exif and everything to do with how Flickr displays the info. A photo saying 0/6 on flickr says 0.00 eV in ACDSee Pro2

/EDIT: After thought eV means Electron Volts, ACDSee got it wrong too, it should say EV

I mean it's included in the EXIF data, again with 0 meaning no change from normal camera setting. The way a program or website displays it is up to the coder.

Was just trying to explain to the OP that 0/6 means no bias, so he shouldn't get upset.

EXIF info here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exif

BTW, lol at the headless groom :)

I'm not upset, lol. I was just curious. If no compensation is used, I would expect the exif to read 0/0 or NA, so I was just making sure the camera wasn't doing something I didn't tell it to.

All it means is 0 changes out of a possible range of 6 stops (-3 to +3). If you were set to 2/6 it means 2 stops brighter.

No biggie. :)

Most reactions

Back