Experimenting with Acros

jcdeboever

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Nikon F3HP, Acros shot at 800, 35mm 1.8 AF-D, HC 110 B 17 min, Epson V800. Little more agitation than normal, tried to get real rich blacks and contrast. Wanted to experiment a little with Acros but I don't think pushing it to 800 makes very much difference. This was a creative session on a short roll of Acros that got jammed up in the Nikon F, I used @Gary A. 's suggestion on using my coat as a dark bag. I may re-rinse this batch in distilled water and dish soap. I think my fixer is spent, I thought it looked a little cloudy with the checker. Any way, I was really trying to create a dark dreamy effect on film without using a Holga. I kind of like them. Probably not everyone's cup of tea.

img200E.jpg

img201E.jpg

Gary's back on the caffeine. I like the second one too.

Looks very nice !

Interesting result, i like the tonality.
Thanks. Yes, Acros is pretty special. The grain is very nice and the tonal range is wonderful. I doubled my agitation in this experiment and it did make for a more contrasty image. I was worried that the grain would be bad but it wasn't. Rumor has it, they're discontinuing it in October. There is nothing like it on the market or at least I can find. TMax 100 is the closest that I have found. I'll just use TriX if they do in fact dump it. I love TriX and the crunchy look of it. I bought a roll of Delta 3200 and a roll of TMax 3200, can't wait to shoot something with that.

Your 400 speed shots in other threads seem to have higher contrast than these at 800.

Well the negatives look very different. I had to bump the other ones a little in post. I wouldn't do that again. I just wanted to see what it would. Mostly, it slightly bumped the contrast. It was really a wasternof time. I'll never get those 7 minutes back...

I like your shots with it at both speeds, various development etc. Do you recommend HC 110 for general use?

I like your shots with it at both speeds, various development etc. Do you recommend HC 110 for general use?
I like it a lot because it's simple, good shelf life, and consistent. I have used D76, F76, Ilfosol, and TMax developer. They all work, HC110 is just the easiest to use in my opinion.

Most reactions

Back