What's new

Experiments with bending light...

Photographiend

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Jul 31, 2012
Messages
1,234
Reaction score
188
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I started playing with this idea a while back when I still had my $60 point and shoot. Then again when I upgraded to my bridge.

Neither of those cameras was able to capture the kind of detail my new SLR can though.

Any how I am at it again. Spent quite a while before bed snapping photo after photo, kind of shocked at the kind of results I was capturing. And maybe this has already been done (at least it has been my experience on this forum that when I think something is new and original I am quickly shut down) or maybe it just isn't as interesting to everyone else as it is to me but I wanted to share.

Also, can anyone guess how I am doing this?

$60 Casio Point and shoot
1.
$18681_10151140233897373_1542649155_n.webp

$150 FujiFilm FinePix
2.
$480729_10151142852637373_349587594_n.webp

New/Used Canon EOS Digital Rebel XTi
3.
$521833_10151345128562373_179092183_n.webp

Was using a singular light color last night may have to experiment with others tonight.

At any rate when editing today I started wrap around stitching some of the images and got some interesting results. At least I think they are interesting.

This became...
4.
$539733_10151345349272373_2006493956_n.webp

this
5.
$Abstract Creation-001.webp

This became...
6.
$537345_10151345128727373_1502877777_n.webp

this
7.
$563114_10151345349337373_1938833134_n.webp

This became...
8.
$559889_10151345352037373_1628172186_n.webp

this
9.
$552729_10151345067772373_1427483240_n.webp

and

another variation of that shot became

this
10.
$525216_10151345351917373_704071293_n.webp


Any how... I have tons. Not planning on posting them all here.
 
Last edited:
I like #4 and what you did with it in #5. Would you mind if I did a little experiment with one of your photos since it is okay to edit? And how did you capture #4?
 
Thanks.

Would be interested to see your experiment. Apart from crop, copy, rotate and paste I didn't edit.

A mason jar a wine glass and a string of white Christmas lights. It takes a bit of playing around to figure out how it works though.
 
You know, you really need to put numbers against the images, so that we'd be able to say something along the lines of: "#5 is indicative of deep psychological turmoil compounded by early childhood grief..." or some such thing. But verbiage and numerology aside, some pretty neat experiments.
 
You know, you really need to put numbers against the images, so that we'd be able to say something along the lines of: "#5 is indicative of deep psychological turmoil compounded by early childhood grief..." or some such thing. But verbiage and numerology aside, some pretty neat experiments.

:shock: I feel so exposed... How do you do that?
 
You know, you really need to put numbers against the images, so that we'd be able to say something along the lines of: "#5 is indicative of deep psychological turmoil compounded by early childhood grief..." or some such thing. But verbiage and numerology aside, some pretty neat experiments.

:shock: I feel so exposed... How do you do that?

How do you number your images??
 
Last edited:
You know, you really need to put numbers against the images, so that we'd be able to say something along the lines of: "#5 is indicative of deep psychological turmoil compounded by early childhood grief..." or some such thing. But verbiage and numerology aside, some pretty neat experiments.

:shock: I feel so exposed... How do you do that?

I've been stalking you.

J/K. Words. In this case, a short burst of random pseudo-scientific jargon.


But, words do have a power. They have a knack of either creating meaning, or revealing meaning. The fortune cookie messages have only the meaning we assign to them. So do astrology pronouncements. Yet our pattern-seeking brains see stuff in the random events and words and images, and we then construct a narrative that we are attracted to. Watch a "mind-reader" ask apparently random questions, and then zero in on the listener's insecurities. We reveal much to those who know what to look for.
 
How do you number your images??

Type the number in just like any other text.


1. [img]http://www.photobucket.com/myaccount/jpeg1[/img]


2. [img]http://www.photobucket.com/myaccount/jpeg2[/img]


3. [img]http://www.photobucket.com/myaccount/jpeg3[/img]


4. [img]http://www.photobucket.com/myaccount/jpeg4[/img]
 
sparky - I had am image I wanted to post as a "Whatzit" but I know that is your thing. Would you mind if I posted my own?
 
How do you number your images??

Type the number in just like any other text.


1. [img]http://www.photobucket.com/myaccount/jpeg1[/img]


2. [img]http://www.photobucket.com/myaccount/jpeg2[/img]


3. [img]http://www.photobucket.com/myaccount/jpeg3[/img]


4. [img]http://www.photobucket.com/myaccount/jpeg4[/img]

I know. I thought the OP was asking how to number images when they were actually talking about something else entirely.
 
Wow! I like! :mrgreen:
 
This is from a batch I took last night. With a different set of white lights. More on the cool side.

1.
$15066_10151346546627373_927291696_n.webp

2.
$58114_10151346470392373_1587915285_n.webp

3.
$541411_10151346470427373_280149902_n.webp

4.
$536961_10151346546647373_701306334_n.webp

5. Calling it the Abstract Mage
$544087_10151346470347373_940378548_n.webp
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom