EXPERT CC WANTED!!!

AMOMENT

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here are a few photos I recently took. Any tips/suggestions/comments/cc? Thanks! :D
EVY1.jpg
evygirl.jpg
evygrl9-1.jpg
evygrl10.jpg
evygrl6.jpg

A few more. The very last one is supposed to be only silouettes obviousely. My husband is a physician and offered to let me take and hang some new photos for his new office. He didn't want to be very recognizable so I tried this. This is pretty much ROOC.
leenjaxcoooooool.jpg
evygrl11.jpg
evygrl8.jpg
evygrl9.jpg
evy2-1.jpg

I think this link will help you out a lot!! Take a look at it and try again!!
How to Photograph Children
You have some nice starter shots! It's just a matter of putting all the little detail things into the shot.
Keep shooting and keep posting!!!

I think this link will help you out a lot!! Take a look at it and try again!!
How to Photograph Children
You have some nice starter shots! It's just a matter of putting all the little detail things into the shot.
Keep shooting and keep posting!!!

I wonder how many pedophiles visit that link daily...

(kidding for those of you who will e-jump me for making a joke [: )

The biggest issue I see with many of the shots you posted are the chopped off hands (and in some instances, toes). Try to be a bit more deliberate when composing your shots. Otherwise, nice start!

2 major problems:

too tight
the angles are boring. You dont need to shoot her from her eye level all the time. Sometimes you want to go really low almost touching the ground.

The biggest issue I see with many of the shots you posted are the chopped off hands (and in some instances, toes). Try to be a bit more deliberate when composing your shots. Otherwise, nice start!

I agree with Mike. I would have put the girls face at the third intersections and made sure not to cut out body parts. Nice sharpness and tones and cute model. Keep shooting.

Thanks, everyone! Going to visit that site now..=) I appreciate the input and encouragement! lol..tevo, that has crosses my mind too..haha

Most of these are also in need or some sort of fill light. If you dont have an external flash, a reflector would work, given you had someone to hold it. A flash would probably be your best bet with a young one like this because they don't usually like to sit around too long so it might be tough to control the light with a reflector. Another thing is that during the times when the sun is high you get funny light on the face, some bright spots, and some dark shadowed spots. Try and find some shade to avoid the crazy light, and use some fill flash to brighten it up a bit!

There so appears to be some sort of haloing going on in #2. What's up with that?

There so appears to be some sort of haloing going on in #2. What's up with that?

Now that you mentioned it, I took a closer look and noticed that in picture #3, the ground right near the legs are blurred out along with the sand she is playing with. It is not because of a high aperture, but from post processing the blur in.
Because I've noticed the unnatural blur, it looks too unnatural. I say grab a lens with a high aperture for better bokeh. PP can imitate the effects, but they won't be the same.

Can you post the pictures without the blurring effect?

I like them, but agree with the tightness factor. in #1 I would crop farther left so there isn't so much space behind her. For the silohette, I was thinking there is a lot of noise. Would a lower ISO and a higher shutter speed be a better option? (Still learning so just asking questions too)

I do have to say you have a great subject!

Yeah fill lights and keeping hands and feet in the frame and these are all great. Shooting in direct sunlight is hard, maybe get one of those small circular reflectors. A photographer local to me always puts a big sheet over the kids to take the picture, I'm not a huge fan of it because then behind the kids everything is sunny and it looks too fake to me but her company does very well.

Nice! I like your first two photos specially first one, try some other positions...

Most reactions

Back