EXPERT CC WANTED!!!

2 major problems:

too tight
the angles are boring. You dont need to shoot her from her eye level all the time. Sometimes you want to go really low almost touching the ground.

I agree, (I checked the site , nice shot! very beautiful wedding pose !)

Thans everyone! I actually had my 6 month old daughter strapped to me (in the carrier)...lol so I was limited when it came to really getting "down and dirty." When you speak of a fill flash does that mean simply using my pop up flash?

evygrl9-1.jpg

How does one blur the ground and the leg right above it is in focus lol...teach me your JEDI DOF ways!!!

When you speak of a fill flash does that mean simply using my pop up flash?
Yes and no.

Technically fill light is on the lens axis, but it is better if the light source is higher than the built-in, pop up flash, like a hot shoe mounted flash unit or a hot shoe flash unit mounted on a flash bracket.
http://www.adorama.com/images/large/FABTTLEOS3.JPG

The best way to use the pop up flash for fill is to put it in manual mode and use a setting lower than full power.

lol....my wonderful jedi ways...=) PSE BABY....lol!

Yeah a fill flash can be your pop up flash, usually it's too harsh but on a sunny day it's good to get rid of some of the shadows on the face, also for people wearing hats. Like in the one with your jedi DOF tricks. A reflector works great too, but hold a camera, a baby, and a reflector well that's past mom of the year award. I'm surprised you don't try some lighting test with your baby, I've seen some pretty good shots done with those cheap work lights from Home Depot and some tupperware or paper to diffuse the light. I think if you youtube cheap portrait lighting examples will come up.

I've used my pop up with a piece of toilet paper covering the flash and the pictures didn't come out with that horrid "flash in the face" look!

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
lol....my wonderful jedi ways...=) PSE BABY....lol!

I hope you realize that wasn't a compliment.

At least I hope not coming from Geaux...

That image is *very clearly* photoshopped. And not well. She looks like she's floating on an imposed background. DOF would *never* work like that. It wouldn't blur the ground just under her leg... and some ground under her butt would be more in focus than in the background.

If you're aware of Geaux's intention (or what I think his intention was with that comment), and *your* response was just a light-hearted acknowledgment of it... then disregard this... but I don't know you well enough to make that distinction yet.

Yeah a fill flash can be your pop up flash, usually it's too harsh but on a sunny day it's good to get rid of some of the shadows on the face, also for people wearing hats. Like in the one with your jedi DOF tricks. A reflector works great too, but hold a camera, a baby, and a reflector well that's past mom of the year award. I'm surprised you don't try some lighting test with your baby, I've seen some pretty good shots done with those cheap work lights from Home Depot and some tupperware or paper to diffuse the light. I think if you youtube cheap portrait lighting examples will come up.

cheap lights from home depot? they are continuous hot lights with a wierd ass yellow color temp !

Her husband is a doctor. She can probably afford a 200$ flash if she wants one. goooooooooood lord

cheap lights from home depot? they are continuous hot lights with a wierd ass yellow color temp !

Her husband is a doctor. She can probably afford a 200$ flash if she wants one. goooooooooood lord

Must be nice to know the financial situation of others, not that it matters most rich people got there by being frugal not by blowing money. It would take 2 flashes and a back like which would be much more than $200 for what you can achieve for under $100 and test it out. It's NY I'm sure the hot lights will be ok this time of year. For a smart guy you sure don't think of everything.

Must be nice to know the financial situation of others, not that it matters most rich people got there by being frugal not by blowing money. It would take 2 flashes and a back like which would be much more than $200 for what you can achieve for under $100 and test it out. It's NY I'm sure the hot lights will be ok this time of year. For a smart guy you sure don't think of everything.

If your buying spots lights from hope depot for photography, you are blowing your money away.

To be able to use these spot lights outside you will need power somehow. They have color cast, they are big, they are not powerfull enought. whyyyyyy would you do that. you make no sense!

vivitar 285hV 90$
ebay triggers 30$
24X24 softbox with mount. 50$
stand 40$

you dont need 1000's of $ of lighting equipement to get something that works

Last edited:
A light set up for outside is over kill. I'm talking about inside shots of her daughter who is 6 months old... not a big market for pictures of infants sitting in the middle of the yard alone, it just looks odd. Why get a cheap flash that's only usable for photography when the lights can be used for painting the house or a ton of other things... One second she can afford anything, the next it's better to get cheaper stuff as long as it's not too cheap, you have an interesting thought process

Framing is key. try to get the whole kid in the shot.

A light set up for outside is over kill. I'm talking about inside shots of her daughter who is 6 months old... not a big market for pictures of infants sitting in the middle of the yard alone, it just looks odd. Why get a cheap flash that's only usable for photography when the lights can be used for painting the house or a ton of other things... One second she can afford anything, the next it's better to get cheaper stuff as long as it's not too cheap, you have an interesting thought process

YOU MAKE NO SENSE DUDE. she doesnt want to paint the damn house, she wants to take PICTURES. :lmao:

Most reactions

Back