Explain This?

H4X1MA

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
OK, so this is obviously a horrible picture. I wasn't in the mood to shoot and was walking around holding the shutter randomly, because that's fun... anyway, I came across this image while review, but the image doesn't seem to make sense...

In the windows you can see streaks of the outside from the typical movement while shooting a slower shutter speed. On the inside, there doesn't seem to be any streaks, and everything seems to be relatively clear. How is this possible? 16mm, f5.6, 1/60, 400ISO.

Inside was illuminated (and frozen) by the flash exposure; outside was illuminated with ambient.

Inside was illuminated (and frozen) by the flash exposure; outside was illuminated with ambient.

I agree with that. Do you think it was also second curtain flash synch?

The camera was actually moving quite fast, if this was shot at 1/60.

I did use a flash, obviously, but I am typically an ambient light shooter. I didn't realize that the flash made that much of a difference.

I'm not sure; I don't use features like often enough to know what they look like in the more unusual situations.

I think you'd have to know which way he was spinning / panning in order to tell.

That's actually a really cool effect with a lot of potential if exploited intentionally.

Most reactions

Back