Exporting to web from Lightroom...

FemFugler

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey, so for yet another 'newbie' question, but i have some questions about Adobe Lightroom.

I'm still getting used to it, but so far i LOOOVE it.

Anyway, my question is about the web option and exporting your pictures to a website. I sort of like some of the preset themes on the thing so i thought it would be cool to play around and make a website to show friends and family some of the pictures through that(since the files are too big to send through email unless i send like 2 or 3 at a time and that's just annoying and i can't be bothered to resize them all and then have multiple copies and blablabla its just easier to have a some sort of online photo album) So anyway i just can't seem to figure out how to do it. I tried googling tutorials and stuff and it talks about plugins and so on you need for the website your uploading the html to and it just seems way more complicated than it really should be.... I mean if it's that complicated i might as well put the effort in and make my own from scratch or use a generic preset.... I geuss i was just wondering if that's the correct way, or if there's an easier way to go about this?

thanks in advanced...:)

Oh and i have some new pictures i have to post obviously they aren't up to par to most of you guys but hey, i'm a newbie to photography. lol

I just right click on the pic and go to export and send it to a file on my desktop. Then upload to flickr or wherever from there

I've used LR to create a web gallery, it seemed pretty simple...no extra plug-ins etc.

If I remember correctly, after creating the gallery in the web module, I just exported/saved it to a folder. I think the folder will contain the actual page file and then the image files etc. Then you just upload that folder to your website (you do have a website to upload to, don't you?)

Example Gallery Here

Do you have to upload the files individually or can you do it all as one? Like selecting the file individually or can you just click the folder and upload...

Depends on your upload method, I guess.

I use either my website control panel or an FTP program like FileZila. I think you can set up LR to upload directly, but that might require and FTP plug-in.

I still haven't figured it out. I think I'm just going to go with a preset layout from whichever site and personalize it and maybe in the future when i don't have as much stuff get done(swamped with school work at the moment) i'll make my own layout from scratch.

I only have one of those free sites... sub domain things. I just can't really be bothered to pay for a domain when it's only for basically personal use. If i were starting a business(or hobby business) then i would have no problem paying and putting the time and effort into a personalized, nice site. Right now i'm not anywhere near the level of pro so i just show my pictures to friends and family basically and sometimes on a few forums...

With that being said i am having no luck at all finding a sub domain site that meets my expectations that i want. I've tried them ALL seriously. I'm just so picky. I may end up just having to put some money into it and get a domain if i can't find one....

Anyway thanks for all the help. :) I think the problem is that most subdomains don't let you insert CSS.... or maybe i'm just not doing it right as there was multiple CSS doc and i didn't know which one(maybe i do all?) so i just did the master one and it just messed it all up. Maybe it's because i have a subdomain that it's not working.... oh well.

Oh well. Thanks again.

Most reactions

Back