Exposure and White Balance Pictures (Opinion please!)

Jdub777

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Few new night shots. The last one I was messing with the white balance. I dont hate it and i dont love it...i dont really know what to think. Let me know what ones you think are the best/worst and what i can do better! Thanks!

IMG_4046.jpg

IMG_4042.jpg

IMG_4027.jpg

IMG_4030.jpg

IMG_4053.jpg

5: I really like, leading lines, interesting to look at, could do with a touch of sharpening. :thumbup:

4: out of focus and has a touch of camera shake

3: does nothing for me, out of focus too dark and camera shake again by the looks.

2: interesting.

1: I like the idea but nothing really grabs me other than the low point of view, I feel like it wants to have the horizon titled a little to the right as well.

So 5 is the best imo. White balance on 5 looks good to me.

Low light conditions are difficult. The last picture is the best by far. Your settings were pretty good.

The other pictures suffer mostly from white balance issues. I usually set my white balance to incandescent bulb when shooting anything with low light. It gets rid of that orange tint.

If you have photos that you really like, but are tinted like that, all is not lost. You can use Photoshop or other imaging software to adjust the color levels. Here's the first 3 of your shots with about 5-10 minutes (if that) of photoshop each:

road.jpg

Adjusted color (Image>Adjustments>Color Balance)

#1a
roadsplash.jpg

The same image done as a "Color Splash" (adjust colors, copy layer, desaturate, erase where color should show)

road2.jpg

Adjusted color and brightness/contrast.

hotel.jpg

Adjusted color and slight brightness/contrast

Post processing can be just as important as composition and settings. It can't always make a bad picture good, but it can usually make a good picture great.

-Ray

i really like what you did with the first picture. I need to learn how to use photoshop better. thanks for the critique!

that 3rd shot is just too dark, unless there is something very important on it, it's usually the type I just throw out.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back