Exposure preview

Vtec44

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.jamestangphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I just found out there's such a feature on two of my Nikon DSLR's :eek: But hey, I've survived this long without it. :D

Weird. Any idea what it does? Lol

It shows actual exposure on your LCD screen so you can see how it looks before you take a picture. I rarely use Live View, but that will change from now on. :D

LCD screen.. that little flashlight thingy in the back? Huh.. so that's what that's for. Whacky.

I shoot film too, with my Nikon F100 + Kodak Portra 400, which requires different techniques. This is kind of cool and it makes my job a lot easier :D

I shoot film too, with my Nikon F100 + Kodak Portra 400, which requires different techniques. This is kind of cool and it makes my job a lot easier :D

Well I've just been using mine to find the car keys, so might have to give it a shot as well.. lol. I don't really use liveview myself, in fact I don't use the LCD hardly at all. Might not be a bad idea to expand my horizons though.

DSLR's have LCD screens? I never noticed.

What menu is that feature in? I did appreciate it on my mirrorless camera, but I also think it made me lazy. ;-)

It's a constant feature on a mirrorless camera since the viewfinder is an EVF. Some brands offer an option to disengage the preview feature from the EVF and some don't. You can still get a good exposure by training yourself to just ignore the preview.

Joe

What menu is that feature in? I did appreciate it on my mirrorless camera, but I also think it made me lazy. ;-)

I feel that it will make me lazy :). I can use spot metering and the Zone system to nail exposure much quicker. I don't think the option is available n the Df, only found it on my D750 and D800 but not on my D600. It's kind of cool to see all the fancy technology. :D

Last edited:

I feel that it will make me lazy :). I can use spot metering and the Zone system to nail exposure much quicker. I don't think the option is available n the Df, only found it on my D750 and D800 but not on my D600. It's kind of cool to see all the fancy technology. :D
So, if like me, you're already lazy, than there's nothing to lose?

DSLR's have LCD screens? I never noticed.

I wish DSLR doesn't have the LCD screen but the problem is how many DSLR they would be able to sell that doesn't have an LCD screen?

I wish DSLR doesn't have the LCD screen but the problem is how many DSLR they would be able to sell that doesn't have an LCD screen?

You can just duct tape over it. Problem solved. :D

I shoot film. I shoot digital. I like the LCD screen. I also have no problems without it.

Last edited:
I would think most have the option to turn of playback or review. Just don't look at it. I don't use live view, but I like being able to check the histogram, and delete on the fly at times.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back