Exposure?

DSC_0044.jpg

DSC_0044.jpg

Is that nicer? My eye tells me otherwise. In that photo she looks white complected. Which her real skin tone is closer to the original picture. (maybe a little less yellow). Not sure which is better but with the white on this updated picture it doesn't looks nicer to me.

Skin tone should me her hand color on original picture.

It wasn't necessarily intended to ne 'nicer', and is just one of many, many editing possibilities.

I didn't take the original. I have no idea what the child's actual skin tone is. The edit is just a guess and since the photo posted is a JPEG there are significant limits to what can be done to correct the colors.

There is little doubt the white balance setting on the camera was inappropriate for the light source.

Have you ever been on a see-saw at the playground?
The kid on the other side should weigh close to what you weigh or it wont be much fun, unless.......lol you get the idea

Right track, just a little too far the other way. Be subtle in your approach. See her sleeve? Use that as the basis, but don't bleech it

KmH said:
It wasn't necessarily intended to ne 'nicer', and is just one of many, many editing possibilities.

I didn't take the original. I have no idea what the child's actual skin tone is. The edit is just a guess and since the photo posted is a JPEG there are significant limits to what can be done to correct the colors.

There is little doubt the white balance setting on the camera was inappropriate for the light source.

I see. Well i noticed that sometimes correcting the white balances has the effect that it doesnt look right. Can't post a raw file can I?

KmH said:
No you can't post a Raw file. But, you can get and learn how to use a gray card.

Hmm gray card?

thinkricky said:
I see. Well i noticed that sometimes correcting the white balances has the effect that it doesnt look right. Can't post a raw file can I?

You can upload the file to yousendit.com and then post the link here for people to get to the RAW file.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back