express cameras?

Dawn79

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
A few days ago I posted a question about a camera I had been looking at. A panasonic, and was told I could find a DSLR in the same price range, which seemed a better idea. Thanks for steering me in the right direction! I searched and came across a Nikon D70S with a 28-200mm f/3.5-6.3 auto focus lense for $699.00. Now my question is if anyone has purchased cameras from this site before? This will be my first time purchasing a camera online and I don't want to get ripped off. http://www.expresscameras.com

Do NOT buy from Express Camera, they are a scam shop See the whole ugly story here: http://www.resellerratings.com/seller1805-p2-s1-d1.html
They have a rating of less than 1 out of 10. That's pretty bad. Buy from B&H Photo, Onecall.com, some place that has a rating above 9.

Oh wow, thanks for the link. Glad I did not purchase from them without posting that first!

Welcome to the forum.

dsp921 is right, stay far away from Express Camera or just about any place that advertises prices that seem too good to be true.

Basically, their scam is that they advertise the camera at a low price, just to get you on the phone. Then they try to sell you things that should be included, then they give you the hard sell on over priced accessories like memory cards etc. Then, when they do get your credit card info, they tell you the camera is back ordered and won't be in for months. There are plenty of these places, mostly out of New York and most operate under several different names.

Use the links on the bottom of the page, for B&H or Adorama. Both are large mail-order shops and have fair prices and good reps. Plus you would be helping this forum.

Also, it might be a good idea to just buy from a local store. That way you can hold the camera before hand and won't have to pay shipping.

In defence of Express Cameras...they put the idea in my head of getting my f2.8 L USM lenses. I bought them from B&H but Express Cameras gave me the idea and i couldn't convince my self NOT to get them...so thanks EC!!!
But i'd never buy from them....very shady bunch. From what i can gather when you go to their "store" it's a boarded up address......some guy asks what you're looking for. You tell him about the camera shop and he says yeh..what do you want....and apparently he disappears and comes back with SOME of your gear. Then convinces you that you need a battery, charger, lens, cap, nexk strap etc...basically everything that should be in the box.
They strip the contents and sell it bacl to you at vastly inflated prices eg $200 for a battery.

Steer clear at all costs.....pay a bit more at B&H and you'll get a exactly what you want, when you want, and with good customer service if you need it. I've never used Adorama but their prices seem similar to B&H

I can only speak for B&H, but I've found them to be both knowledgeable and honest -- both true rarities in the retail photo field. Their store is overwhelming when first visited.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back