External monitors for canons.

mcsv916

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello,

Is it possible to connect an external monitor for photo taking? I know I can tethered to my mac using lightroom, but I wanted to know if I can also connect an external monitor to take photos with for better and larger viewing. I've read it works with video but what about taking pictures? I want to start a home studio and I wanted to be able to have a monitor hooked up to it so others can see what I'm seeing through the viewfinder. Like live view I suppose.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Yes, I looked into these for the shots I take see my setup

Dsc_1248.jpg

However both the wireless and cabled have very short ranges, if you don't need it over 15@ then

Wireless Remote Live View Control Viewer for Nikon & Canon D-SLR Cameras

Try google there are plenty of variations on this in size

Lilliput UK · 667GL-70NP/H/Y · 7 inch field monitor with HDMI and camera battery slot

I've taken pictures with my camera tethered to my 50" plasma in the living room. Get a long enough HDMI cable, and you can do it. I believe I had it in 'live' view. You can switch between the TV (monitor) and camera at the push of a button, so you don't have to take them while looking at the TV.

I'm not sure how practical a 50" viewing monitor would be in a studio though.

I've taken pictures with my camera tethered to my 50" plasma in the living room. Get a long enough HDMI cable, and you can do it. I believe I had it in 'live' view. You can switch between the TV (monitor) and camera at the push of a button, so you don't have to take them while looking at the TV.

I'm not sure how practical a 50" viewing monitor would be in a studio though.

So it is possible. Great! Have you tried it with strobes? Example, with a 580exII, pocket wizard, umbrella? I was just curious if it will interfere with my lights.

Most reactions

Back