extreme contrast

zandman

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
zandz.multiply.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
does it work good? yay? nay? (taking a break at film and giving some love to digital again. lol)
c&c welcome. =]

dsc03451k.jpg

Well I think if you lose the car straighten the shot, and make sure the tall tower is fully in the frame then it might work.
oh and lose the branches on the top left . thats my 2 cents

Looks like it needs to be straightened, and to me the car and the city line are competing for attention. My eye keeps going to the very tip of the tallest tower and wondering if it's cut off or if it really ends there. Maybe a little more space between the top and the edge of the frame. I like extreme contrast, so that works for me. I'm curious what this looks like in colour.

The antennas of the Willis Tower are certainly cut off.

I think if you wanted to have both (as they indeed seem to compete for attention), would be to have them in separate sides. More detail of the car and the skyline as a background.

So I guess the main issue here is the framing (as opposed to the contrast), for it is 1)tilted 2)distracting branches 3)focal point problem.

Well I think if you lose the car straighten the shot, and make sure the tall tower is fully in the frame then it might work.
oh and lose the branches on the top left . thats my 2 cents
thanks.
cool city :mrgreen:
yea, it is. i love it here. =]

I'm curious what this looks like in colour.
looks like crap imo... i'll post it so you can decide for yourself.

The antennas of the Willis Tower are certainly cut off.

I think if you wanted to have both (as they indeed seem to compete for attention), would be to have them in separate sides. More detail of the car and the skyline as a background.

So I guess the main issue here is the framing (as opposed to the contrast), for it is 1)tilted 2)distracting branches 3)focal point problem.
hate that they changed the name...
i tried to blur the background but it didn't turn out well. i'll be back there anytime soon to do a reshoot and stroll around the city with my crappy car, lol.

thanks for all the comment. =]

Could work with shallow DOF and only the car was in focus. Background it very distracting.

Most reactions

Back