Extreme HDR thread...post your photos here.

The truck goes from dark maroon at the top to a bright cherry red at the bottom and the sky both show problems with Highlight Smoothing.

This is my first attempt at HDR. I know there are plenty of issues with this image, but it was fun to make anyway.

So Vip your definition of extreme is my definition of poorly done. Its what Id expect from a newbie. What are you trying to show here?

Thanks BRN1! I shot this out my living room window. The people walking by as I was doing this must have thought I was crazy the way I had the camera hanging out the window.

So Vip your definition of extreme is my definition of poorly done. Its what Id expect from a newbie. What are you trying to show here?

not really trying to show or prove anything here Bynx. Title is extreme HDR and to me this is somewhat extreme. The paint does change but that is probably do to the custom paint job. It is a candy paint job which
makes the paint flip flop. It blends the original copper color with gold, cinnamon and orange candy paints and then sprayed. Depending on how you look at it and the sun hits it does appear to be darker and or lighter. Once you
color sand or water sand it, it really brings out the colors. Not sure if you are familiar with candy paint jobs but thats what is bringing out different colors.

The sky I wanted it like that. There was a lot of haze in the sky. IF i would have moved the highlight smoother to the right it would have washed out the sky and made it basically light grey. I decided not to because it keeps some cloud cover.

I understand that you think its poorly done and you are entitled to your opinion however I like it and it goes with the title of the thread so I am happy with it. Its never going to be a wall hanger and was done just for fun so no harm no foul. Its no worse than that women's arm pits in the first post......:lmao:

9641d1337980810-acura-rsx-done-1.jpg

Most reactions

Back