Eyefi card question

No, I haven't called.

Oh, one more thing -- about the card slot. Again -- just google it. My D300s has a tight slot. Most cards get stuck. The D90 has a similar slot. Camera OEM's may decide to make the slots more or less tight.

I'm not saying that we're perfect. Far from it. But we're not the only ones making SD cards that are snug... :)

Thanks for your replies.

Mine doesn't work most of the time, even 10 feet from the wireless router and with sending med size jpgs. I keep meaning to return it.
I would plug it into your computer(into the the USB card device) to make sure you are up to date on your firmware lil lady. As a precaution make sure your are connecting to the right network, it never hurts to be sure. For the record my Android app work nicely with the Eye Fi card 8).....Android FTW!!!

Its all up to date, and my wireless works across the house for other devices, yet it only works literally 10 feet from the router. And that was once, I haven't been able to get it to work again.

I shouldn't have to mess with it that much, its not a inexpensive card. It actually didn't even fit right in the camera, it kept getting stuck and I had to google to find out its extremely common and I had to sand it down a smidge. I know this is your baby Gillat but it has a lot of issues, I'm surprised its even out for sale.

One you might have damaged the internal components of the card, or I would reformat the card completely from your camera, then start from scratch and go through the process of setting up the card within your network. It's going to be little annoying, but you will rule out everything and know you may have a defective card. If that fails use the card for another camera like a P&S should be able to accept them also. Hope this helps Bossy.

One you might have damaged the internal components of the card, or I would reformat the card completely from your camera, then start from scratch and go through the process of setting up the card within your network. It's going to be little annoying, but you will rule out everything and know you may have a defective card. If that fails use the card for another camera like a P&S should be able to accept them also. Hope this helps Bossy.

Thanks iByte.:hug:: I don't know how I would've damaged anything internal, sd cards are actually pretty hardy (I have one that broke in half in my backpack, but I could actually still insert it into my laptop to save the images :lol:). I've done everything from scratch, I reset my wifi, reformated card, redownloaded the programs, I've probably spent over 2 hours just trying to get it to work again. (and the sanding was before it worked the first time, so I know that didn't hurt anything. Its only plastic, anyway.) I haven't called yet though, so I'll try to do that when I have a second.

Thanks iByte.:hug:: I don't know how I would've damaged anything internal, sd cards are actually pretty hardy (I have one that broke in half in my backpack, but I could actually still insert it into my laptop to save the images :lol:). I've done everything from scratch, I reset my wifi, reformated card, redownloaded the programs, I've probably spent over 2 hours just trying to get it to work again. (and the sanding was before it worked the first time, so I know that didn't hurt anything. Its only plastic, anyway.) I haven't called yet though, so I'll try to do that when I have a second.

Please post up the experience when you do
bigthumb.gif

Curious to hear as well.

BTW, Bossy -- just wondering -- what camera are you using?

EDIT: oops -- just saw -- you're on a D7000.

AMAZING camera. Love it. TOTALLY sticky SD slot. But hey, you have 2 of them, so if we could get you up and running, you may even use 2 Eye-Fi Cards :)

Ya, the D7000 has an usually sticky slot. Now, I totally understand why you said that it's a tough fit. But you shouldn't need to sand it down. Poor card :-(

Curious to hear as well.

BTW, Bossy -- just wondering -- what camera are you using?

A Nikon D7000. I usually send Raw to the #1 slot and med jpgs to #2 with the eyefi card in that one. The time it worked they went to your program and then to LR3.

Ok so I just got off the phone with CS. The gal I talked to was really nice, there seems to be an issue with my firewall that was stopping the images from going through (on a mac, OS X, EyeFi Helper Allowed) but if I turn it off they jet through fast enough. I tried it both with Raw to slot 2 and Jpeg to slot 2 as well as Norm Jpg to slot 1 and both worked after I turned off the Firewall. Range is still minimal, but that could be on my end. There's also an issue with the card reader but she offered to send out a new one so that should fix that.

Thanks for the help, I'm overall really encourage that your CS is so awesome, so I'll continue to use EyeFi and pass on the good word :D

Ok so I just got off the phone with CS. The gal I talked to was really nice, there seems to be an issue with my firewall that was stopping the images from going through (on a mac, OS X, EyeFi Helper Allowed) but if I turn it off they jet through fast enough. I tried it both with Raw to slot 2 and Jpeg to slot 2 as well as Norm Jpg to slot 1 and both worked after I turned off the Firewall. Range is still minimal, but that could be on my end. There's also an issue with the card reader but she offered to send out a new one so that should fix that.

Thanks for the help, I'm overall really encourage that your CS is so awesome, so I'll continue to use EyeFi and pass on the good word :D

Excellent.

OK, so if the firewall prevents the photos from coming in, the card won't be able to find your local machine, and will re-route through our servers. That'll be much slower. We should figure out how to fix your firewall issue.

Are you on a PC or Mac? We should be able to create an opening in your firewall software. That's what we try to do, with all firewalls. On PC's, some firewalls may be harder to configure then others.

In terms of the reader -- ya, if you're not on a rev V reader -- we'll send you a new one. So she did the right thing.

:)

Cool.

The range could be maximized by changing the channel on your router. For example, if your router is set to the default 6 -- you may find that changing it to 1 or 11 (or 10) may help. We try to turn our card's antenna to some average channel span, but like I said before -- Wi-Fi is voodoo magic. A different channel may work, in your case.

:)

Oooooo a hug and a like, feeling the love for the computer tech here lol. Hmmm you have ........a Mac Oo?

iKokomo said:
Is it possible to have my card send just a small jpeg over the network and keep the raw file on the card for download later via USB cable or card reader?

Yes, the EyeFi Pro will do this. Great feature!

Most reactions

Back